What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funniest thing you have seen during a game?

miccle

Bench
Okay, it wasn't technically part of the game, but I can't go past the streaker during the Broncos vs. Raiders trial match at Toowoomba in February 2005. Absolute classic.

This bloke basically ran across the field and spent a whole set of six about 5 metres behind the defensive line. He was bloody close to the action and none of the security guards wanted to touch him! :lol: About four solid minutes after running around, security finally made a beeline for him and a great chase followed. Once security and the police finally got him to the side of the field, no sort of towel or anything was organised so he was faced to lie naked, belly down on the grass for about five full minutes directly in front of a very responsive crowd.

Absolute top night. Just a few hours after that I asked out the wonderful woman who is now my fiancee. One of the better nights of my life!

Jordan

Juniors
I remember going to a Cowboys game about ten years ago at Stockland Stadium as it was called back then. We were playing North Sydney. A young Ben Ikin lined up a conversion about ten metres left of the posts. He went in and kicked it and it just grubbered along the ground. I know a few players have done it over the years...actually, Ikin did the same thing a few years later. Ah, conversions gone wrong. Some good league moments in there.

Roy

Juniors
i remember tahu kicking a goal for the knights.... he was right in front an kicked the s h i t out of it. It hit the upwright the cross bar an went over.

I still cant beleve how hard he kicked it...

BWNB

First Grade
Loo Loo wiping his blood on the refs shirt.
Another was at toyota park, it wasnt during a game but after.
A young kid had the job to take off the pads after the game, while he was taking them off the gaurd comes up behind him and crash tackles him. The boy gets up shows the gaurd his pass and then walks aways :D

choc_soldier

Coach
Shaun Timmins hooking to the right (?) a direct conversion from 15 metres when playing for the Steelers against Norths.

Frederick

Staff member
Last year when the Bulldogs came up here to play, during Premier League, Czislowski copped a knock in the stomach than winded him like hell. While play continued, he was left behind with the trainer, and proceeded to vomit not once, not twice, but three times. The entire crowd rode it with him :lol:

rugged

Juniors
Several years ago watching an under 8's match.

A player runs up the wing way ahead of everyone for a sure try. This dog comes out of nowhere and tackles the kid from behind. The crowd are like aghast.

Turns out it was the kid's dog.

unforgiven

Bench
in a country league game, a dog runs onto the field, as happens often in country rugby league games. a scrum packs down and the dog runs over and mounts the lock, it was a classic. even better i worked with the guy the next day

sydraider

First Grade
I wasnt at the game but this is too funny to be ignored, please excuse me for I dont remember who was the ref or the opposition to manly this day.

Bob fulton sent his son scott out onto the paddock, pretty much to tell the ref that the penalty count was 12-3 in favour of the opposing team, the said ref then blew his whistle and told him it is now 13-3. :lol:

paulp

Juniors
Martin Bella in an Origan game getting smashed then getting up and playing the ball facing his own goal line.

Choppies

Coach
paulp said:
Martin Bella in an Origan game getting smashed then getting up and playing the ball facing his own goal line.

Ryles did that too rd 25 2001 V Easts at the SFS.

Azkatro

First Grade
Mark Riddell's try celebration a few years back at Dairy Farmer's where he hopped the fence, took a seat in the empty area and applauded towards the field was good stuff.

Jordan

Juniors
Azkatro said:
Mark Riddell's try celebration a few years back at Dairy Farmer's where he hopped the fence, took a seat in the empty area and applauded towards the field was good stuff.

That wasn't at Dairy Farmer's... The crowd would've slaughtered him if it was. :lol:

*Paul*

Juniors
PARRA_FAN said:
Or there was Tony Iro running backwards in the Adelaide/Dragons match in 1998.
That's a favourite of mine.
Best one though: Brett Atkins, Parramatta v Balmain in WA, I think.
He's done the Bella arse-about play the ball, but gone one better.
Seeing he didn't have a marker (not surprisingly), he's played it forward to himself, picked it up and hared off down field... towards his own tryline, whilst his bemused teammates looked on.

ozzy_ozman

Juniors
watching the dogs vs souths game at concord oval in 93/94 i think it was...

and i remember when of the souths player started running backwards

Latest posts