What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Furner and Hawkins OUT.

woodgers

Bench
Surely.

If they are on the cap with the players we have then they have no idea of how to deal in any negotiations. They cant attract decent players, they are paying the ones we have too much. They have brought the club back to where it was 2-3 years ago.

It's time to move on.

woodgers

Bench
Part of the problem #1. Jobs for the boys. Get some hard cases in there and start from scratch if we have to.

Lynchie

Juniors
To be honest I dont know much about Hawkins but I do respect Furner and have heard much about him from many different sources for a while now.
I have confidence in Furner and believe he should stay.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
If we have to get all rabid and worked up and start attacking people, I would far prefer it to be management that Wiki, Monoghan and Davico.

I am less concerned with the players making the call to leave (and there are always a lot of reasons that people do so) than the conditions that exist in which they WANT to leave.

If players saw Canberra as a team on the move, then they would be lined up at the door to play. Unfortunately, it seems that this is just not the case.

Who is Hawkins?

I know he's the CEO, but I mean I seriously know nothing about him. What background does he have?

I agree woodgers, management needs to be swept through with a broom.

greeneyed

First Grade
He came up through the leagues club management. He admits he doesn't know much about football.

GreenGuy

yep i haven't been impressed with some of the decisions he has made since taking up the position

RaidersMalt

Juniors
Clearly management has to be accountable for the current player crisis. If they spent more time building a football team and looking after our current players instead of building their pokie empire, our players would have stayed IMO.

Have a look at the storm, similar situation to us. They don't get a look in for state of origin and are based down in cold and wet Melbourne and league doesn't even rate a mention down there. Yet blokes like Orford and Kidwell elect to stay there, why? Becuase they are happy there and say the club has looked after them. Not just for the four weeks in June, but for the whole time.

We have also seen poor past decisions come back to haunt us, eg letting go of M Monas to keep Drew.

People may see this as a quick fix, but I have seen one bad decision after another made by this club and the only way to win back the fans and the players is to clean the club out from the top down.

BAY72

Juniors
last week the marketing manager quit, so we have some new blood in there now. The girl that has replaced her was practically doing her job any way, and not getting the credit.
well it's a start.

as for Hawkins, surly he'll be next.

the club can't even get peoples season tickets to them on time, for fu*k sake.
How can they think they are running the team propperly.

Edwahu

Bench
Hawkins has made the club millions and millions of dollars. He will never get the sack totally.

The main problem is that Matty should be doing all the recruiting, with help from someone like Mal or Furner snr. These guys are the ones that will attract players.

Raider Azz

Bench
In the paper they said Elliot will now be taking a larger role in player negoiations. So it's starting to look better.

sydraider

First Grade
Elliot in player negotiations??????
I pray there are no more boogas out there :shock:

They should have a guy like mal in a role like this, he is a legend and can attract players to the club i feel.

raiders_boy

Juniors
what an excellent idea.
i think we should push for mal to get involved in the club again. he would definitely attract quality players. Oh man, that would seriously help us. Lets get mal here!!!!!

BAY72

Juniors
I see Earsman has not quit though, eh BAY25
I knew I'd left him out. damn it This is the guy I was trying to think of. he should definatly go before hawkins.
I know. I'm still waiting!!! What a Joke! I laugh at it now!!
It is a joke. and I feel it reflects what our great club realy is. how can we be taken seriously. until managment gets it right we continue to look silly.
I agree, why have some pencil pusher with a degree in wiping there ass! pick a football team.
The main problem is that Matty should be doing all the recruiting, with help from someone like Mal or Furner snr. These guys are the ones that will attract players.

Who's Earsman?

Also, who is the guy with the grey hair and moustache who is always with Elliot during the games? I have no idea who he is.

I feel really stupid for not knowing more about who runs the Raiders...

Latest posts