What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Furner given six weeks?

aussies1st

Staff member
I was casually watching the first 30 minutes, Idris was good for the Titans didn't watch closely enough to see anything else. However no question the Cowboys were crap in that time and it seems they continued that on.

shear_joy9

Coach
the cowboys performance was easily one of the worst you will ever see. The titans ineptitude in attack was the only reason they didn't win by 50.

regarding idris, he fell on the ball in the in-goal to score a try and made a decent tackle. That's it. Aside from that you would barely know he was playing.

Raider_69

Post Whore
with dry conditions, if we turn up with that commitment with completions and defense, as well as campo and dugan being a game the better after last year, i think we should be very confident of beating that titans side

but this is the NRL, if we dont play our best, the titans will beat us. Its absolutely vital that we back up this effort up and make up for this disappointment with a good win next weekend.

cant believe how bad the cowboys were think it was like 14/38 how bad can you be! If we turn up and play good footy it will be hard for the Titans to play a team thats gone from 14/38 to maybe 80% plus set completion. Playing a team that bad the week before might hurt the Titans funnily enough.

Nth-Qld-Raider

Juniors
the cowboys performance was easily one of the worst you will ever see. The titans ineptitude in attack was the only reason they didn't win by 50.

regarding idris, he fell on the ball in the in-goal to score a try and made a decent tackle. That's it. Aside from that you would barely know he was playing.

Yeah I agree.

Any decent team would of put 50+ on the Cowboys they were bad, but when you look at their team apart from JT they are just bad anyway, they are well and truly overrated, I don't see them doing any damage in this comp.

shear_joy9

Coach
Yeah I agree.

when you look at their team apart from JT they are just bad anyway, they are well and truly overrated, I don't see them doing any damage in this comp.

don't agree with that.
cowboys have one of the strongest squads on paper. They have one of the best and well rounded forward packs in the comp. It's just impossible to win when you can't hold onto the ball. Watch them respond this week against the broncs.

legend

Coach
I hope Furner is starting to feel the heat.

His game plan is pathetic and inept. We are the only team who play the half and five eighth on different sides of the field.

He persists with that nuffy Waddell, who is by far the worst dummy half in the NRL (unless you are Skeepe of course).

Campese refuses to run to the line and until he does, we will never be able to put sides away.

He really has NFI!

hugzy

Juniors
really? wow i watched the titans game thought youse looked pretty good

i totally understand the sack furner calls (i was part of it last year cuz my rival had croker as his kicker heh heh)

but this year:
u almost got melbourne coming back from wat was it 12-0 down?
beat the titans away
and lost to roosters by 1 try with 14 players... so i dun see wats all the doom and gloom about

Bay56

First Grade
hugzy no doom and gloom mate, just the stark reality that we have scored 2 from 6 and I'd bet after benji has his way with us it will be 2 from 8 ... close loses don't get you into the finals

Cryptic

Juniors
Basically half of our fans don't show up unless they have something to f**king cry about and a scape goat to blame... The forum was dead as f**king anything after our win, yet has 10+ posts a day when we lose...

Other clubs have fairweather fans... We apparantly have masochists instead...

We have one game and the world is ending... BTW, if we turn it around and start performing watch them all either a) disappear or b) jump on the bandwagon.... Granted they could just do c) cry and whinge that we aren't winning the way they totally know how to do it better from their armchairs and years of Rugby League coaching experience, not to meantion their in-depth and behind closed doors knowledge of all the players....

legend

Coach
Give me a break FFS! If you want to accept mediocrity then be my guest, take as many helpings as you can get. You may hear the same thing from us "haters" time and again but we continually hear the same thing from you as well and guess what, nothing has changed. We are no closer to winning a premiership but you seem content to gauge a successful season as winning one more game than last season.

Pardon me if I don't share your exuberance for such lofty heights.

We have a coach with the worst winning % in our history and our all encompassing review resulted in the sacking of one assistant coach and that's it. We, the fans deserve far better than what has been dished up from the players, coach and management for the past three and a bit seasons.

It's the attitude you have that makes me think the club feels its ok to continually aspire to be mediocre.

Latest posts