What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Oval stadiums are pretty much useless for every sport except cricket. Sydney doesn't need to spend huge amounts on any oval ever again. All money spent should be on rectangular stadia since they actually serve a purpose.

As for the SCG being shit - it is the only true cricket ground left in Australia that the AFL hasn't completely f**ked up . I don't see why that needs to change .

Iamback

Coach
Oval stadiums are pretty much useless for every sport except cricket. Sydney doesn't need to spend huge amounts on any oval ever again. All money spent should be on rectangular stadia since they actually serve a purpose.

As for the SCG being shit - it is the only true cricket ground left in Australia that the AFL hasn't completely f**ked up . I don't see why that needs to change .

That is the one positive coming out of no upgrades to rectangle grounds up there... atleast they haven't ruined Suncorp, Although you'd think Rugby 7's and soccer in the games would see some work done to a smaller ground up there

Perth Red

Post Whore

Sell out crowds for rectangular sports and concerts at ovals would suggest you are incorrect.

I do agree though, the next spend in Sydney should be a rectangular national stadium to replace Accor the country can be proud of.

Perth Red

Post Whore
That is it, I'd rather SCG keep the Ladies and Members stand untouched. Then have some soulless boring ground
Sydney nostalgia lol meanwhile back in the 21st century where the capital cities have state of the art oval stadiums.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So you would demolish lords for a new build like optus ?
Its largely been demolished and rebuilt, but yes I would if need be. They did it with Wembley, time marches on. Some old things just arent fit for purpose anymore.

Besides if you want nostalgia you dont need to lose it all, soldier field in chicago is a good example of keeping the history whilst bringing it up to 21st century standard and continues to have grand plans for improvements.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Can you post an extract of that article?
The Courier-Mail understands discussions about the makeup of payments to the Lions include the potential of a loan from the state government up to $70m – but with the need for it to be repaid within 30 years.

AFL fan omitting, distorting and all-round bullshitting as usual.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Courier-Mail understands discussions about the makeup of payments to the Lions include the potential of a loan from the state government up to $70m – but with the need for it to be repaid within 30 years.

AFL fan omitting, distorting and all-round bullshitting as usual.
Like I said tool I didnt have access and just relayed the heading.

Wb1234

Referee
Its largely been demolished and rebuilt, but yes I would if need be. They did it with Wembley, time marches on. Some old things just arent fit for purpose anymore.

Besides if you want nostalgia you dont need to lose it all, soldier field in chicago is a good example of keeping the history whilst bringing it up to 21st century standard and continues to have grand plans for improvements.
New Wembley is plastic

scg looks like a proper cricket ground

anyway they aren’t proposing to demolish the members it’s one of the old concrete stands that has no heritage value

the members are heritage