What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

siv

First Grade
If we are going to continue to use CoE fields as lower grade venues, the NRL needs to set a mandatory 500 to 1000 seating requirement

TheRam

Coach
The whinging from the Sharks not being able to play at home in week 2. Get over it, the stadium is barely NRL level, let alone finals level. Play it at Cronulla and thousands miss out. Buzz wrote an article and I get he’s a Sharks fan so it’s to be expected, but Manly or Dragons wouldn’t be able to play at home either.

Shark Park can’t be upgraded to anything close to a 15K stadium, it’s been hamstrung by the previous administrations development plans

When media morons like Buzz and the like keep opposing the move to Allianz they are encouraging fans to dig their heels in and not want to make the trek out to the game. It's like a self fulfilling prophecy of sorts.

By constantly reminding the Sharky faithful of the long and arduous journey away from home and how unfair the NRL is being to poor little old Cronulla, many fans don't need to much encouragement to not attend a game away from home. The tele will be way more convenient.

But if media morons shut the 'F' up and actually embraced the move to the best shiny new palatial rectangular stadium in the country with the best live viewing experience the game has to offer, well maybe, just maybe the public would then get hyped up too and excited enough to happily join in on all the fun and turn the fu*k up in way larger numbers and make a festival event out of it. After all it is a sudden death semi final for crying out loud and I'm sure if the Sharky's could get a 30K+ crowd out there it would go a long way towards giving them a massive home advantage with so many baying for Cowboy blood. Wouldn't it?

But by being such arse wipe stick in the mud di*kheads about it, well then the public are left feeling jilted and will generally respond accordingly and we will be lucky to get around 20 odd K.

Then on Monday Buzz and similar cronies will say, see I told ya?!

Perth Red

Post Whore
When media morons like Buzz and the like keep opposing the move to Allianz they are encouraging fans to dig their heels in and not want to make the trek out to the game. It's like a self fulfilling prophecy of sorts.

By constantly reminding the Sharky faithful of the long and arduous journey away from home and how unfair the NRL is being to poor little old Cronulla, many fans don't need to much encouragement to not attend a game away from home. The tele will be way more convenient.

But if media morons shut the 'F' up and actually embraced the move to the best shiny new palatial rectangular stadium in the country with the best live viewing experience the game has to offer, well maybe, just maybe the public would then get hyped up too and excited enough to happily join in on all the fun and turn the fu*k up in way larger numbers and make a festival event out of it. After all it is a sudden death semi final for crying out loud and I'm sure if the Sharky's could get a 30K+ crowd out there it would go a long way towards giving them a massive home advantage with so many baying for Cowboy blood. Wouldn't it?

But by being such arse wipe stick in the mud di*kheads about it, well then the public are left feeling jilted and will generally respond accordingly and we will be lucky to get around 20 odd K.

Then on Monday Buzz and similar cronies will say, see I told ya?!
So true! If the media was full of 'Sharks to play exciting finals game in state of the art stadium, 30k predicted, every fan can see them play, bring the family and enjoy Sydneys best Rl stadium etc etc there'd be a much better crowd. Sydney media has a lot to answer for!

Vlad59

Bench
So true! If the media was full of 'Sharks to play exciting finals game in state of the art stadium, 30k predicted, every fan can see them play, bring the family and enjoy Sydneys best Rl stadium etc etc there'd be a much better crowd. Sydney media has a lot to answer for!
The mood on Sharks forums is low and the behaviour of the CEO has not helped one bit.

Pjf04b

Juniors
The Penrith Stadium redevelopment is to go before the Land & Environment Court in November to hear an appeal by the local Aboriginal Board against the denial of their land claim on the sites.
More delays, and an adverse ruling could potentially scuttle the redevelopment.

Wb1234

Immortal
The Penrith Stadium redevelopment is to go before the Land & Environment Court in November to hear an appeal by the local Aboriginal Board against the denial of their land claim on the sites.
More delays, and an adverse ruling could potentially scuttle the redevelopment.
Shows how the planning process in nsw is stuffed

there’s literally an existing stadium there how will building a new stadium have any different impact

Billythekid

First Grade
I’ll say the same thing I always say, if that money was being spent on a road no one would give a f**k. I’m not saying I agree with that stadium, I think it’s overpriced and poised to under deliver. I just think it’s BS that stadiums are held to a different standard than so many other forms of infrastructure that we blow money on.

Timbo

Staff member

A tiny state can get 2 billion on a stadium and the nsw govt are struggling to invest the same amount in their stadiums

I think you're missing a pretty important point here - nobody in Tasmania except their spud of a Premier wants the state to spend $2bn on a stadium. He's had to lie, lie and lie again saying it'll cost $350m to even get a medium amount of support for it.

azza29

Juniors
Christchurch Council funded Te Kaha by increasing rates, perhaps this is an option for the good people of Hobart? :D

Gordie

Juniors
Will be a big missed opportunity if we don’t go to Christchurch as one of the next 3 expansion teams. What a perfect stadium for an nrl team and a perfect opportunity to create an awesome local derby.
I’ll say.

everything is in place from the magnificent modern stadium to the instant NZ north v South Island derby/rivalry and the current RL boom going on in the country.

Latest posts