What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

ground zero

Juniors
Last time i looked at the league ladder don't remember seeing Liverpool in the top 8 or even making the semi,s in the next 30 years. So Bankwes,t out Kogarah way. 35.000 CAPICITY.

jim_57

Staff member
27,327. If they had more notice they could have got it to approx 32,000+ apparently.
So is this an option for big Cowboys games going forward or does it have to be a huge event like Origin to make it worthwhile?

With 2 weeks notice surely a Cowboys home prelim would have as many temp stands added as possible.

jim_57

Staff member
Last time i looked at the league ladder don't remember seeing Liverpool in the top 8 or even making the semi,s in the next 30 years. So Bankwes,t out Kogarah way. 35.000 CAPICITY.
For 6 games a year? Or will Cronulla commit to playing there as well?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
So is this an option for big Cowboys games going forward or does it have to be a huge event like Origin to make it worthwhile?

With 2 weeks notice surely a Cowboys home prelim would have as many temp stands added as possible.
Hopefully, but I think the only events other than origin that they’d ship it in for would be cowboys prelims and if they managed to take something like a bledisloe up there.

parrawentyfan

Juniors

Well Liverpool would get at least 10, possibly 20 games a year if the Tigers and/or Bulldogs commit to it (assuming they take 2 games to Leichardt, Campbelltown, Belmore each year).

Kogarah would get 6 max unless the Sharks commit to it which seems unlikely given all the work they are doing near Shark Park.

Tiger Shark

Bench

The Sharks are going back to Shark Park next year, even with reduced capacity and maybe 9 games there and the remaining going to Sunshine Coast, Coffs and NZ.

That's how much they don't want to be at Kogarah.

Can't see us going there permanently ever unless it's really in our financial interests.

Renovating Kogarah is a terrible idea.

im skeptical of liverpool

not many balmain fans are making the trips to the state of the art bankwest to watch the tigers when they're at home & its a lot closer then liverpool
same with wests fans

its a a bit assumptive
idk about dogs fans either altho the liverpool area is more their territory

unforgiven

Bench
im skeptical of liverpool

not many balmain fans are making the trips to the state of the art bankwest to watch the tigers when they're at home & its a lot closer then liverpool
same with wests fans

its a a bit assumptive
idk about dogs fans either altho the liverpool area is more their territory
Liverpool is Tigers territory, the biggest issue with Bankwest is many fans see it as Parramatta Stadium and refuse to go there.

yadamisha

Juniors
Cronulla will never commit to Kogarah - that is a stated fact. Documented 25% of members refuse to even attend games at that sithole hence why the club is returning to Shark Park next year, even at a reduced capacity. I'm hearing Kogarah will never be developed, there is no economic case for it.

Cronulla will never commit to Kogarah - that is a stated fact. Documented 25% of members refuse to even attend games at that sithole hence why the club is returning to Shark Park next year, even at a reduced capacity. I'm hearing Kogarah will never be developed, there is no economic case for it.
Knock it down
make it a public park

Dogs Of War

Coach
Have the dogs or triggers ever said they would play at Liverpool! It would be a white elephant without a tenant.

Dogs already own a great piece of land at Liverpool. It's where they were going to make the Stardome stadium before the whole salary cap scandal broke. It's well located. And with Liverpool probably going to be the 3rd major centre in Sydney in the future. It's a good time to look at that situation.

I have no doubt the Bulldogs would play the majority of their games at any new ground out that way (10+). As long as the Tigers bring 5-6 games. It would be more than worthwhile.

Latest posts