What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Suitman

Post Whore
For the record, ESFC have released their season ticket categories for season 22/23.
Gives an idea of the seating layout.

1642746558770.png

ground zero

Juniors
mean while the dragons about enter the golden age an will make the new Sydney Football Stadium there home again an will embarress, the rorters an all comers. an will have crowds average off 25 to 30 thousand a game each year. an the sharks with there pittifull 5000 home ground crowds will die a slow sorry long death.

Last edited:

Tiger Shark

Bench
mean while the dragons about enter the golden age an will make the new Sydney Football Stadium there home again an will embarress, the rorters an all comers. an will have crowds average off 25 to 30 thousand a game each year. an the sharks with there pittifull 5000 home ground crowds will die a slow sorry long death.
I take it your HSC results for English were not great.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
The only time the Sharks averaged 5k was when we were forced to play at the shithole at Kogarah. I had season tix but only managed to go twice. What a putrid place...also made the mistake of having a quick feed at the Taj....FMD that place is in a time warp from the 80's. Such a progressive club the Goons!

Quidgybo

Bench
The hill on the Eastern Side is part of the sand dune for the beach right behind it, they can't build anything on it if they want to protect the stadium from a storm surge
I think this is a fan myth.

Remember this ground used to be an oval. Where the spectator hill is now used to be part of the playing field. The ground was squared off by moving the field closer to the existing western stand. That’d leave 20m- 30m on the eastern side that used to be flat grass before even touching the sand dune.

2803FD91-9489-4086-8FDC-E79009AAE8EF.jpeg

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think this is a fan myth.

Remember this ground used to be an oval. Where the spectator hill is now used to be part of the playing field. The ground was squared off by moving the field closer to the existing western stand. That’d leave 20m- 30m on the eastern side that used to be flat grass before even touching the sand dune.

View attachment 57495
Not to mention major cities like perth, gold coast and dubai are all built on sand! I’m pretty sure a stand isn’t a problem lol.

Not to mention major cities like perth, gold coast and dubai are all built on sand! I’m pretty sure a stand isn’t a problem lol.
I'll never understand the bizarre excuses some Sydney RL fans come up with, such as not wanting centralised stadia, preferring terraces over grandstands and thinking the game will "die" if it doesn't have nine clubs in Sydney that have small fanbases and limited revenue. If ever there was an example of "the lunatics are running the asylum" it's the NSWRL from 1988 onwards.

The hill on the Eastern Side is part of the sand dune for the beach right behind it, they can't build anything on it if they want to protect the stadium from a storm surge
I said this some time back but got shouted down by our resident expert on everything ,
( actually knows nothing ) PR among a few others

No Eastern Grandstand for Wollongong.

Suitman

Post Whore
try putting that road or those buildings ..... on the beach
thats where the stand would be

can't be done
sorry

The sand does not stop at the back of the beach.
3, 4 even 5 blocks back from the beach is sand.
Those buildings aren't actually built on this sand but on bored piers or mechanically driven piles that reach down to a more solid substrate like rock.

The tallest building in the world - Burj Khalifa - in Dubai, is built on sand and guess what? That sand was imported from..........Australia.

Everton FC are leaving Goodison Park and building a new stadium on what was, just 6 months ago, the water filled Bramley-Moore Dock just like the one on the right in the pic below - right beside the River Mersey. They pumped the dock dry and filled it with guess what? Oh, that's right - sand. They will pile down to a solid substrate for the 53000 seat stadium to sit on - the same size stadium as Suncorp.

1642825609002.png

Watch the 1st 2 minutes of this video and look at the shite that was on the bottom of the pumped out dock - BEFORE it was filled with sand. Actually, watch it all. You might learn something.

Fulham have just built a new stand over a part of the River Thames. They bought 9 metres of the River for the expansion.

1642826289857.png

Watch this video for progress. It's a few months old but I chose this video as the best indication of what can be done on a difficult water-filled construction site.

Also, you do realise that the northern stand at WIN Stadium already extends around to the eastern side, and is 2 tiered?

1642829169485.png

A new Eastern stand would NOT be built on the beach, like you suggest.
It would/COULD be built on solid ground, despite the fact beneath this hill and beyond, there would probably be some sand.

I've been really patient with you and your constant denials that a stand couldn't be built on the eastern side of WIN Stadium.
Until you come up with some irrefutable proof that it can't, I'll stand by my evidence that it can.

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
Interesting, does not look like a lot of public seating on the second tier besides behind try line. Its going to be great for corporates another reason why I don't think Souths can not avoid going back.

I'm guessing that ESFC are releasing season tickets in stages due to demand.
One must remember that the bottom tier of the new stadium is much smaller/shorter than the old Allianz.
I'm sure as demand increases, if it does (!), that more categories would be released in upper tiers.
I can't believe they have put family sections behind the southern end goals. That's just dumb, because that is normally where away fan tickets are sold. Previously, they have always allocated family sections to the corners somewhere.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
An eastern stand in Wollongong is definitely possible, however it is not high on the agenda. A new southern stand will be built before the hill goes.

Rod Coil

Juniors
I'll never understand the bizarre excuses some Sydney RL fans come up with, such as not wanting centralised stadia, preferring terraces over grandstands and thinking the game will "die" if it doesn't have nine clubs in Sydney that have small fanbases and limited revenue. If ever there was an example of "the lunatics are running the asylum" it's the NSWRL from 1988 onwards.
Yawn. more dribble. I'm guessing you wear a bib.

Latest posts