What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Perth Red

Post Whore
I wonder if there is cost return modelling done on stadia size that brings it to 30k being the ideal size for rectangular stadiums? It seems that a lot of stadiums get built around this size despite not needing that capacity for 75% plus of the events taking place there.

MugaB

Coach
seeing the tram line works at parra I'm guessing that is going to run from the station to nearer the stadium as well?
The tram starts at westmead then passes the hospital, turns near my local pub the tolli, then proceeds down the main street (church) the stadium is next to my daughters school, and maccas then its the tram stop, so about 2 blocks away, 2 mins walk tops

Perth Red

Post Whore
The tram starts at westmead then passes the hospital, turns near my local pub the tolli, then proceeds down the main street (church) the stadium is next to my daughters school, and maccas then its the tram stop, so about 2 blocks away, 2 mins walk tops
That'll make commbank even more accessible and easy to get to. Thanks for confirming, I only saw the tracks in the main street so wasn't sure where they were from or going.

King-Gutho94

Coach

The renovations looked pretty good at the Tolli when i went there for dinner 3-4 months back.

MugaB

Coach
The renovations looked pretty good at the Tolli when i went there for dinner 3-4 months back.
Thats not good enough, im there every fortnight at a minimum, if your a true pawwa fan should be there more often.... nah just jokes

Yeah they used the covid shutdowns to their advantage, they got in a new bistro area, ripped out the old mans bar and got in some massive tvs... its doing real well now

Suitman

Post Whore

Yes, and it's just a 2 minute walk from the station to the nearest tram stop so access will be excellent.
In saying that, part of the attraction of attending Parra Stadium is the walk from the station up Eat Street (Church st) and deciding where to stop for a meal either before or after the game. The cuisine choices are endless and excellent.
Parramatta Stadium is by far the best stadium in Sydney for food and beverage options both before or after the game.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes, and it's just a 2 minute walk from the station to the nearest tram stop so access will be excellent.
In saying that, part of the attraction of attending Parra Stadium is the walk from the station up Eat Street (Church st) and deciding where to stop for a meal either before or after the game. The cuisine choices are endless and excellent.
Parramatta Stadium is by far the best stadium in Sydney for food and beverage options both before or after the game.
I went to a middle eastern Italian place, strange blend but nice lol.

yobbo84

First Grade
What do we think about the seat colouring at the new SFS? I get it was done by an indigenous artist and all that.. it's just a bit too 'busy' for my liking. Not sure how the empty seats will look against the various team colours.

e216ac9d65921705e70f4dcc6e893a7c

Munky

Coach
What do we think about the seat colouring at the new SFS? I get it was done by an indigenous artist and all that.. it's just a bit too 'busy' for my liking. Not sure how the empty seats will look against the various team colours.

Beats the shit out of the grey of Bankwest.

It's a bit busy but better than Dairy Famers or the Gabba.

Wb1234

Referee

Meh

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
f**king horrible. It's an eyesore. They should've gone with the same light blue color scheme of the old stadium. Simple is better.

Great stadium though.

Perth Red

Post Whore

I like it, just that little something unique that every stadium should have. Will mask the empty seats a bit as well when Roosters are playing :) .

Bit unusual to have the big screens running along the sidelines rather than in the corners?

flippikat

Bench
I like it, just that little something unique that every stadium should have. Will mask the empty seats a bit as well when Roosters are playing :) .
That's just it - a pattern will make lower crowds look a bit less glaring for TV.

Having all the seats the same makes empty seats really stand out - even if they're grey or pale colors.

The WORST stadium for empty seats is Wellington's Sky Stadium (aka the Caketin). Some genius thought that plain yellow seating would be great to have, because it's a color Wellington teams wear. Nope. Unless it's full or near full, it looks crap.

Perth Red

Post Whore
That's just it - a pattern will make lower crowds look a bit less glaring for TV.

Having all the seats the same makes empty seats really stand out - even if they're grey or pale colors.

The WORST stadium for empty seats is Wellington's Sky Stadium (aka the Caketin). Some genius thought that plain yellow seating would be great to have, because it's a color Wellington teams wear. Nope. Unless it's full or near full, it looks crap.
Accor suffers the same
anonymous-20201028101343.jpg

Last edited:

forby

Juniors
With an average home attendance of 18k Penrith use 90% capacity of the current ground. Nobody comes close, but you lot still insist that they don’t deserve a new stadium because the area doesn’t support other codes that could use it.
Surely this shows that they deserve a new stadium.

With an average home attendance of 18k Penrith use 90% capacity of the current ground. Nobody comes close, but you lot still insist that they don’t deserve a new stadium because the area doesn’t support other codes that could use it.
Surely this shows that they deserve a new stadium.
Average for this year is close to that but this year only.
Previous years way below that.
If your statement was about every year then it would have some clout.
The fact you are trying to justify Penrith getting a new ground based on the 10 or whatever games this season actually weakens the argument from your point of view.

Latest posts