What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Gabba is fine as it is for the events that are played there

where’s the need to rebuild it ?

is there concrete cancer in the stands ?

does the ground no longer qualify for an occupation certificate ?
There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, it was upgraded more recently than Suncorp. The fumblers are just sticking their nose in throughs to benefit AFL because as I've said before, the Prictorians whinging about this don't give a f**k about Brisbane or the Olympics

Perth Red

Post Whore

Vlad59

Bench
Its empty land not being used and as far as aware not for sale. If it saves $3bill in tax payers money being spent on a stadium that could actually be used to help cost of living then thats a win.
You really love your afl stadiums don’t you? Possibly the biggest proponent here for the other code.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Given their size and cost, Stadiums should be built with at least a 50 year life expectancy, not the 25 years we seem to be getting out of them in this country. Other places seem to be able to manage it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You really love your afl stadiums don’t you? Possibly the biggest proponent here for the other code.
I love all stadiums, had the pleasure of visiting many different types over my years. Nothing like the buzz of heading to a state of the art new stadium. a full MCG for Origin was incredible, Commbank for Parra V Penrith one of the best experience at a RL game, new Wembley was a buzz (except the tear I shed for the loss of the twin towers), the beauty of Optus and standing with a beer on the terrace looking out over the river and city waiting for NRL double header kick off, enjoying real Bundy out of an optic at Suncorp, the novelty of a RL test match under a roof at docklands, the noise of F1 at Silverstone (when they had proper engines), the old but iconic steep stand at Old Trafford for an Ashes test match. Yep I do love my stadiums and sports experiences, regardless of the shape.

Vlad59

Bench
I love all stadiums, had the pleasure of visiting many different types over my years. Nothing like the buzz of heading to a state of the art new stadium. a full MCG for Origin was incredible, Commbank for Parra V Penrith one of the best experience at a RL game, new Wembley was a buzz (except the tear I shed for the loss of the twin towers), the beauty of Optus and standing with a beer on the terrace looking out over the river and city waiting for NRL double header kick off, enjoying real Bundy out of an optic at Suncorp, the novelty of a RL test match under a roof at docklands, the noise of F1 at Silverstone (when they had proper engines), the old but iconic steep stand at Old Trafford for an Ashes test match. Yep I do love my stadiums and sports experiences, regardless of the shape.
So called rugby league fan in Perth endlessly advocating for afl stadiums including one in Brisbane?

Wb1234

Referee
2018 the experts said it had a limited life. 2024 the same conclusion was made. But yeh Im sure your avg joe on here knows better than two independent reviews by stadium experts lol
Maybe you should read the report you posted

there’s nothing in there requiring a major rebuild

and the report you quoted recommended a new 3.5 billion stadium at Victoria park which was summarily rejected

Perth Red

Post Whore
Given their size and cost, Stadiums should be built with at least a 50 year life expectancy, not the 25 years we seem to be getting out of them in this country. Other places seem to be able to manage it.
Most are tbf, but they will need major upgrades along that journey. Both in increasing capacity as populations grow, integrating new technology and political issues (such as climate change) and in improving experiences as peoples expectations change.

Perth Red

Post Whore

and the report you quoted recommended a new 3.5 billion stadium at Victoria park which was summarily rejected
What? Literally their first recommendation based on THEIR FINDINGS is, and I quote,
'A stadium that will fully meet the brief of an international standard stadium to replace the end-of-life Gabba'

Recommendation 1.1 The Gabba be maintained to a minimum standard until a new stadium is constructed at a different location allowing the current stadium to be demolished and the site repurposed.

Out of 13 findings on the current Gabba 12 of them were negative!

That two reports by independent experts that have said the Gabba is coming to the end of its life without massive upgrades and should be replaced.

Vlad59

Bench

You should know by now he’s a massive smart ass who thinks he knows better than anybody else here.

Wb1234

Referee
What? Literally their first recommendations is, and I quote,
'A stadium that will fully meet the brief of an international standard stadium to replace the end-of-life Gabba'
Nothing in the report justifying the need for a new stadium

Sorry

It’s just a vanity project

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nothing in the report justifying the need for a new stadium

Sorry

It’s just a vanity project
geez you should have applied for the tender given your clear expert knowledge is better than the experts they employed that came to the opposite conclusion lol