What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

G Eastwood

White Poiner

Coach
Does he qualify as a rookie?

How many games has he had?

What other rookies are going good at the broncos?

Cheers.

Big Pete

Referee
He debuted last year on the bench against Parramatta.

Darius Boyd is going well and Ian Lacey is also doing well.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
yeah Boyd and Lacey have been going great guns. When I saw this little kid running around the field I was wondering what was going on...turned out it was lacey. He has the potential to be a very good player

As for Eastwood, ahve to agree with gould, he's wasted on the wing. he's the first genuine ball playing back rower (I know he also plays halves) brisbane have had in a long time and he's wasted on the wing. I'd love to see him playing at lock more often, even if that meant he was being interchanged, because I think he's far more effective in that position

salivor

First Grade
We've got so much talent coming through in just about every position bar the bloody halves, story of the last 5 or so years.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
well there is a lot of talent but how many of them kick on? we havent really had a good set of winegrs since tuquiri and sailor left. Whilst I'm a big fan of thaiday, no ones really put up their hand to fill webbys and peteros spots in the front row.

we've struggled at hooker since priddis left and our backrowers seem to peak early and then go mediocre (i.e. meyers and carlaw, and costigan is in danger of heading that path too)

Big Pete

Referee
Eastwood has only played at wing on 3 occasions, twice due to injury once due to poor selections.

He'll play at lock IMO and stay there, he'll certainly be handy that's for sure.

How many games has Eastwood played? 13 I recall.

salivor

First Grade
Pierced Soul said:
well there is a lot of talent but how many of them kick on? we havent really had a good set of winegrs since tuquiri and sailor left. Whilst I'm a big fan of thaiday, no ones really put up their hand to fill webbys and peteros spots in the front row.

we've struggled at hooker since priddis left and our backrowers seem to peak early and then go mediocre (i.e. meyers and carlaw, and costigan is in danger of heading that path too)

I don't know about that, Boyd goes well on the wing despite his natural position being fullback and I really rate Michaels, I think we really would've seen him come on this year if he hadn't broken his leg early on. Also while Tame isn't great he's not bad for a 3rd string winger.

We've got 2 very good fullbacks now, plenty of depth at centre and right through the forward pack and when Ennis back on board next year we'll again have plenty of depth with Lacey, Berrigan and even Seymour being able to fill in there. The only place we're struggling is halfback and it's the most crucial.

Big Pete

Referee
I don't think Finch would go that bad behind a Broncos forward pack to be honest. All he'd have to do is take pressure off Lockyer and IMO he'd do a better job than Seymour and Perry (which isn't saying a lot).

If we'd sign him cheap (very cheap) he'd be a nice buy IMO.

salivor

First Grade
Bennett believes in having blokes who are decent human beings off the field as well, Finch is nothing but a cancer and it's not as if he's a good footballer to make up for his shortcomings.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
salivor said:
Bennett believes in having blokes who are decent human beings off the field as well, Finch is nothing but a cancer and it's not as if he's a good footballer to make up for his shortcomings.

:lol: :lol: you're right though. bennett is big on having a good attitude and being decent human beings which is why the broncos dont generally have a lot of niggling palyers or players who are just scum

Leagueguy

Juniors
you're right though. bennett is big on having a good attitude and being decent human beings which is why the broncos dont generally have a lot of niggling palyers or players who are just scum

This is true except for Hodges. Although he is a special exception because he was an originally a Bronco. He went to the dark side and then reached out to Benny to let him back. It was sort of fateful, a feel good story of redemption.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Leagueguy said:
This is true except for Hodges. Although he is a special exception because he was an originally a Bronco. He went to the dark side and then reached out to Benny to let him back. It was sort of fateful, a feel good story of redemption.

I was reading in Inside Sport which is out now an article on hodges, and apparently Bennett was saying that all that crap Hodges was doing at the roosters wasnt the justin that bennett knew. It also said that bennett would only take him back if he cut all the sh*t out of his game and full credit to him he has, and I rate him as now the best centre in the game.

salivor

First Grade
Pierced Soul said:
It also said that bennett would only take him back if he cut all the sh*t out of his game and full credit to him he has

Except that intercept try in Origin.

Leagueguy

Juniors
Except that intercept try in Origin.

We can just pretend that didn't happen though.

I would love this year if we won the grand final and Hodges got the Clive Churchill Medal. There would be so many stories about how he'd come back home to Brisbane and was reformed by coaching genius Bennett. This would possibly make NSW fans sicker than any other possible story.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I forgot about that origin try. he's been good for 1 1/2 seasons so we'll elt him have that one (plus he was playing for QLD at the time not the broncos ;-) )