What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gabe Newell confirms Steam Box...

perverse

Referee
This will be interesting, there may well be demand for this... especially with the plethora of controller-enabled games already available on steam. I'll be making my own steambox soon enough, to take advantage of my ridiculously massive steam collection. I'd certainly prefer to roll my own, but I'm sure hundreds of thousands, if not millions wouldn't... and would much prefer something akin to a console.

I don't think this was much of a surprise to anyone who had used the Big Picture feature that was implemented recently into steam... and those that keep an eye on Valve HQ would have noted months and months ago that Valve had gone out and hired a bunch of linux programmers.

MattYg1

Bench
Yeah I am in the planning process of building my own steam box to but I think this has thrown a spanner in the works a little because if Valve can help a brother out with putting it together i am more then happy to have them do it...

I will certainly be interested to see price range and availability details come through thats for sure. He make some pretty heady claims in the full interview but when it comes to Gabe and to Valve i dont bat an eye, if anybody will pull it off well it will be them.

perverse

Referee
Half life 2 episode three?

The failure of Half-life 2's episodic content is the reason why they prefer to remain tight-lipped, rather than make promises they can't keep. It's why they still remain silent on Episode 3/HL3.