What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gagai should never have been axed - Bennett

1qaz

Juniors
Two years ago, Gagai was jettisoned from Brisbane by former coach Anthony Griffin for minor disciplinary issues. But Bennett threw the 24-year-old a lifeline at Newcastle and remains unaltered in his belief Gagai should never have been axed by the Broncos.

So serious is their interest, the Broncos are currently assessing their salary-cap position and the form of off-contract players to find ways to accommodate Gagai.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...brisbane-broncos/story-fniabm4i-1227260437883

There we have it lads..
I wonder what the team would've been like over the last few years with Norman/Hoffman/Barba/Hodges musical chairs

Maroon4life

Juniors
Well Gagai wouldn't have changed anything. Were not talking about a world beater here, Gagai wouldn't even crack the top 5 NRL centres in the game as it is. Getting him back will help somewhat but it's not going to be gamebreaking.

Last I remember of Gagai was him getting driven back 5m every time he returned the ball from a kick.

But he's alot better than Jack Reed so I hope we get him.

1qaz

Juniors
Haha so having to play Norman at fullback or Hoffman at 5/8th or a terrible Barba at fullback/5/8th, or an aging Hodges at fullback, Gagai wouldn't made a difference? Yeah righto :lol:

1qaz

Juniors
Um because he's a fullback.

1. Kahu
2. Copley
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Maranta

Yeah sure Gagai wouldn't make a difference to the awesome Broncos backline ROFL

1qaz

Juniors
He wasn't selected at fullback, he filled in when Boyd was injured mid game.

The question was: When was the last time he played fullback? Schoolboy rugby don't count.

Not when was the last time he was selected at fullback ahead of Boyd?
So WTF are you on about?

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Agree Gagai would have made our team better, but not by enough to make a substantial difference. It's good that he is coming back though.

Stranga

Juniors
Why does this 1qaz guy always come across as some antagonistic e-thug?

That's a very good question.

Isn't he the same guy who used to post under the name Elia Tuqiri?

Very f**king odd, I went to school with Elia and he's a nice, humble, respectful bloke.