What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gains and losses

Kells

Juniors
here's a list of who we have signed and lost for next yr:

gains
- chase stanley
- Atelea Vea

losses
- turner
- cross
- chambers
- tomane
- taumata
- manua

off contract
- scott anderson
- finch
- itula
- kali
- koopu
- Nielsen

not sure about their contract
- brett anderson
- hep cahill
- guerra
- miller

any1 know anything else?

Juniors
i dont know why people are so worried about next year, look at our lower grades and who weve retained and im very optimistic about next year.

1. Slater
2. Itula (trust me, hes a gun)
3. Stanley
4. Inglis
5. Quinn
6. Finch
7. Cronk
8. Lima
9. Smith
10. White
11. Manu
12. Hoffman
13. Johnson

14. Blair
15. Hinchcliffe
16. Vea
17. Bromwich

Very competitive IMO

Noa

First Grade
i dont know why people are so worried about next year, look at our lower grades and who weve retained and im very optimistic about next year.

1. Slater
3. Stanley
4. Inglis
5. Quinn
6. Finch
7. Cronk
8. Lima
9. Smith
10. White
11. Manu
12. Hoffman
13. Johnson

14. Blair
15. Hinchcliffe
16. Vea
17. Bromwich

Very competitive IMO

Youd have to think Kev Proctor will be in front of Vea on the depth chart. I also think Duffie will get Turner' wing next year however Im hearing Quinn' neck injury is more serious then first thought so it could be up for grabs.

Id put money on Isa or Itula to get it.

Dan70

Juniors
Surely if Quinn goes we'll buy another winger though. Asking two under 20's to step up (as first choice, let alone cover for injuries/Origin) is a bit of an ask imo.

Forward pack is sorted though:
8. Lima
9. Smith
10. White
11. Manu
12. Hoffman
13. Johnson

14. Blair
15. Hinchcliffe
16. Proctor
17. Tolman

Vea, Bromwich, Cahill, Fanene, Kali, Miller

You can argue about the bench spots, but there is more then enough depth. Unless there's another Cross brother we can get on the cheap :lol:

Last edited:

Kells

Juniors

why do u say itula is any good? if he was any good he would of got a game ahead of nielsen and brett anderson. plus if he was such a great prospect he wouldnt of only been signed to a 1 yr deal.

so i do hope ur right in that he his a gun - but i doubt it as he hasnt played a game yet, never talked up for his performances on the coast by jamie feeney, and when zappa left i heard waldron say duffie, jerome and o'neill were the main contenders for the spot.

sounds to me like hes a depth/injury cover player on the squad list.

sallymay

Juniors
i think sinbad kali has gone i havent seen him anywhere and i have asked a couple of ppl and noone knows anything about him

Noa

First Grade
From melbournestorm.com.au

Anthony Quinn (Neck) - At this stage, after trying conservative management/rehabilitation, it is likely that Quinny will have neck surgery before the end of the season, to give him his best chance of a full recovery and a return to playing next season.

Not looking good for Quinny. Id be suprised if he's ready for the start of next season, in fact it wouldnt suprise me if he doesnt play any of it.

Kells

Juniors
gee quinn has really had a bad patch

played in a premiership, origin, but this yr he only played a handful of games this yr (all poor performances) then gets concussed badly then his neck is seriously injured.

bad run of luck for him and for the club - we need him playing well as we lose players by the day now!

boots16

Juniors
i think sinbad kali has gone i havent seen him anywhere and i have asked a couple of ppl and noone knows anything about him

Kali had a season ending knee injury early in the year and is on a rehab program. Was expected to be out of the game for up to 12 months. Was out of contract at the end of this year so not sure of his status for next year. Would think he would be on the cheap side given his injury and limited game time in the past.

Kells

Juniors
here's a update to the list of who we have signed and lost for next yr:

gains
- chase stanley
- Atelea Vea
- finch

losses
- turner
- cross
- chambers
- tomane
- taumata
- manua
- guerra
- maloney

off contract
- scott anderson
- itula
- kali
- koopu
- Nielsen

- brett anderson
- hep cahill
- miller

Dan70

Juniors
Couldn't really call Finch a gain....

Really we've got 2 players coming in to replace 8 going out :shock:

Noa

First Grade
If we had the money Terrence Seu Seu is a player I reckon would be a good buy, can play hooker and back-row.

Maybe send Ryan Hinchcliffe the other way.

Kells

Juniors
i hear brett anderson is going back to QLD next yr so he's another loss (not really tho :D)
so here's another update to the list of who we have signed and lost for next yr:

gains
- chase stanley
- Atelea Vea
- finch

losses
- turner
- cross
- chambers
- tomane
- taumata
- manua
- guerra
- maloney
- brett anderson

off contract
- scott anderson
- itula
- kali
- koopu
- Nielsen

- hep cahill
- miller

looks like we will really rely on this yr's u20s for next yr's squad depth - prob not a great thing - great talent but no nrl game experience

Last edited:

sallymay

Juniors
i spoke to sinbad kali at the comedy day on sunday and he said he is signed with the storm for next year

Kells

Juniors
i spoke to sinbad kali at the comedy day on sunday and he said he is signed with the storm for next year

thanks for the info! well i hope he goes good 4 us after his injury

so here's another update to the list of who we have signed and lost for next yr:

gains
- chase stanley
- Atelea Vea

re-signed
- kali
- finch

losses
- turner
- cross
- chambers
- tomane
- taumata