What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallen Grade 2 charge

Feej

First Grade
Why, no different to the dozen or so that you see almost every game. If they want to send a player back on with an injury, it's their problem.

azzah72

Bench
I think he might, it happens all the time but i thought that looked particually rough and they are cracking down on stupid sh!t like this so he might get a couple of weeks.

hope not but.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Definitely a stupid thing to do. They'll look at it closely and hopefully it's just a hand on the face and no eye guageing otherwise he's in some trouble.

Feej

First Grade
The game's getting soft. The way it's going they'll only allow one on one tackles and anything above the waist will be a penalty. Hell, I'm sure I even heard some commentator last week saying that maybe we should only allow two in a tackle!

azzah72

Bench
Feej said:
The game's getting soft. The way it's going they'll only allow one on one tackles and anything above the waist will be a penalty. Hell, I'm sure I even heard some commentator last week saying that maybe we should only allow two in a tackle!

I agree but thats the way it's becoming unfortunately.

Feej

First Grade
Thats okay, the Netball starts on Fox next week - Maybe that'll be a bit tougher.

millersnose

Post Whore
is it worth a penalty to get rid of one of your opposition players

it is

our injuries get targetted every week

thats contact sport

Weaponhead

Coach
When you are behind by 6 wth about 15 to go and you give a guy a facial right in front of your posts and when you are the captain of your team. That is Olympic class dumb.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
After all the rhetoric about Gallen taking on the responsibility of captain I am gobsmacked he would do such a blatantly stupid thing and would not be surprised if he is cited.

In slow motion it looks worse.

cheese

Bench
This is where fining Ross would get dicey.

If the club fines Ross, how can they ignore a suspension when the incident had similar intent, even when it's the club captain and best player.

Even though in theory, i'd like to see the cap sponge cop some pain in the pocket, the precedent it sets would just be too dangerous.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Special K said:
Check out the hate for Gallen in the NRL forum. Funny stuff!
He's only got himself to blame. Some of them might be right about the one week. Lets see what the 'experts' say today in the media.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
You can feel the tide of emotion towards Gallen building in the press. The momentum is gathering. By tomorrow he will public enemy # 1.

_Johnsy

Referee
deserves at least a week, stupid thing to do, dog act. This guy is your captain and he is doing this type of shyte on the field. :lol: :lol: