What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallop You Wanker

jimmythehand

Juniors
The suspended points loss for the Bulldogs has opened up a pandoras box which is inconceivable to think that the NRL hasn't thought about.

With thousands of dollars on betting for markets like "Minor Premiership", "Top 4", "Top 8", "Wooden Spoon" etc, the NRL has kindly given fraudulent opportunist the chance to directly affect the outcome of these markets, and make some cash on the side from it.

Apart from that, there is now more incentive for opposing fans to incite violence from the Bulldogs, which - knowing their temparament - is going to result in more violence, not less violence.

Good on ya Gallop & Co, an ingenius decision.

DJ1

Juniors
Stupid kneejerk reactive decision.

It's the type of decision that someone makes who's only interested in a quick fix and hasn't taken into account the longer term precedent which it sets.

The potential for manipulation by punters is huge.

Whoever made this decision mustn't feel that they're here for the long haul.

Choppies

Coach
Im gonna put some money on the Dogs to get the spoon
if the fans keep up their behavour theyre shoe-ins for it

ouwet

Bench
choppies said:
more violence = less points :twisted:

Point proven!
Come on! Just say Bulldogs are on the fringe for the Top 8 and a win will see them in. PArra (For argument sakes) need the Bulldogs too loss too make the 8... U cant tell me a few of there supporters wont wear Bulldogs gear and start something.

Kaz

junior
This could be a 1st.

A team with minus points at the end of the year.

mickdo

Coach
LebaneseForces said:
choppies said:
more violence = less points :twisted:

Point proven!
Come on! Just say Bulldogs are on the fringe for the Top 8 and a win will see them in. PArra (For argument sakes) need the Bulldogs too loss too make the 8... U cant tell me a few of there supporters wont wear Bulldogs gear and start something.
Yeah, and I could go round to your house and plant drugs in it to try and frame you, but that doesn't automatically mean we shouldn't have drug laws!!! Look, just about any law or rule can be abused if the wrong people decide they want to be idiots. That's why Gallop has said they wouldn't instantly strip the points if it did happen again... they would investigate along with the police, then establish exactly who was responsible. Whether that be a frame up or whatever...

[quote="LebaneseForces]Point proven!
Come on! Just say Bulldogs are on the fringe for the Top 8 and a win will see them in. PArra (For argument sakes) need the Bulldogs too loss too make the 8... U cant tell me a few of there supporters wont wear Bulldogs gear and start something.[/quote]
I'm sure the NRL and others have considered that possibility. It would take a real moron to put his hand up to be the one who covertly poses as a Bulldog fan to incite violence. This moron will have to contend with a police record as well as being banned for life. Not to mention the beating he/she/it would be getting in the hands of Bulldog supporters.

I guess what the NRL is saying here is the the onus is up to the Bulldog supporters to see that violence is not the only retaliation available.

I think the club has bigger worries than conspiracy theories over loosing points IMHO.

Oh, I don't really care much for your Id. Not in the current climate anyway.

as dumb as the old folkes comment about how supporters from other clubs could dress in bulldog jumpers and cause trouble at bulldog games so the dogs lose 4 points.

i bet he didn't think of the scenerio of bulldog supporters not wearing bulldog jumpers to bulldog games and causing trouble so the NRL cannot blame the dogs for it.

relocate them to gold coast or wellington nz is the solution

jimmythehand

Juniors
Generalissimo Stalin said:
as dumb as the old folkes comment about how supporters from other clubs could dress in bulldog jumpers and cause trouble at bulldog games so the dogs lose 4 points.

i bet he didn't think of the scenerio of bulldog supporters not wearing bulldog jumpers to bulldog games and causing trouble so the NRL cannot blame the dogs for it.

Is it just me or is there no sense at all in this post?

Raider_69

Post Whore
I dont care how badly i need canberra to win, thats no excuse to attempt pass my self off as one f those maggots that incite violence

Big Mick

Referee
There is one solution.

Stop gambling on League?,

Also why would anyone in their right mind want to do what you are suggesting they would do.

I reckon its a bloody good rule.

jimmythehand said:
Generalissimo Stalin said:

Is it just me or is there no sense at all in this post?

no just you - brush the cobwebs of your dormant grey matter and think

jimmythehand

Juniors
Big Mick said:
There is one solution.

Stop gambling on League?,

Also why would anyone in their right mind want to do what you are suggesting they would do.

I reckon its a bloody good rule.

oh please don't be so stupid. Punters and bookmakers have paid players thousands of dollars in other sports to fix results, most notably in cricket. Imagine being able to fix results when you don't even need to involve players, just bribe a stupid 14 year old that is too young to get a criminal record and will happily do it for a bit of cash.

Why would one of these people with a chance to make an easy 100k not do what I'm suggesting they might? What's to stop them? And no they are not in their right mind but that's beside the point.

I'm involved in the online gambling industry and the number of sophisticated fraudulent ideas and scams out there defy belief. You just do not give them an inch or they'll take a foot. Gallop has given them an acre.

Latest posts