What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day - Rnd 7 vs Moanly

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Before IDG came on, no one was pressuring the kickers and they had time galore before they kicked.

I noticed this too. Manly have the worst kicking game in the NRL at the moment and it pissed me off that we gave them so much time. De Gois added plenty of kick pressure when he came on.

Gronk

Staff member
Have to admit i am flat today despite the result - reading about us losing 10 points next week is hard to take

Where are you reading that?

If they've really already absolutely decided that we are losing 10 points, then when not announce it now?

Yeah Phil from TheFilthySpammers wisely said ..

there is a formal NRL breach notice process described in detail within the NRL rules. No, negotiations will take place with the club until they have been provided with a breach notice and that won?t happen until the investigation is completed, which won?t take place until the end of this week at the very earliest. Up until this point, every body throwing around numbers and punishments are simply guessing. Pay it no attention .

Noise

Coach
Yes, but think it's too dangerous now. Need to be careful.

How so? Are you saying that pushing in the scrum should be illegal? It's not junior footy! If the other team doesn't want to push then that is their problem. I thought it was hilarious that poor Dylan Walker had to cop the brunt of his whole forward pack falling on top of him because his soft arse forwards didn't have a dig.

ash411

Bench
How so? Are you saying that pushing in the scrum should be illegal? It's not junior footy! If the other team doesn't want to push then that is their problem. I thought it was hilarious that poor Dylan Walker had to cop the brunt of his whole forward pack falling on top of him because his soft arse forwards didn't have a dig.

Exactly, the entire point of the scrum in the first place was that the ball was meant to go in the middle, then both team try to push each other off the ball to win the scrum.

Lately it just a turnover in a weird cuddle formation.

Screw that, I want my team to fight for the ball. That scrum was awesome, could have only been better if we had gotten the ball.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Players aren't ready for the push as its no longer a battle for the ball, it never happens. It occurring on the odd Occassion could cause a serious injury like a broken neck.

I have no issue with the push, but if that is going to happen, then the original rules should be followed (scrum set correctly, ball in middle etc etc), so both sides are ready for the push.

The scrum wasn't even set correctly by ref with Manly not even locked in, when the push occurred.

Walker could have easily suffered a serious injury last night, I would have been annoyed if it was an eels half was injured.

strider

Post Whore
I agree some merkin could get injured. But then its up to teams to realise a scrum is still a scrum. Dont all loosely stand there so you can get out as quick as possible, stand and be ready

eel01s

Bench
I only saw the game from the 53rd minute. Both sides looked tired. Our attacking raids to the left are looking dangerous every time. Hope we sign Norman up long term. Defense good again. What happened to Scott and Moeroa?

Lyon Matai and Stewart are looking noticeably slower. Although I could say the same for Gordon.

Nice to see us score late tries and put the game to bed for once.

Gronk

Staff member
I only saw the game from the 53rd minute. Both sides looked tired. Our attacking raids to the left are looking dangerous every time. Hope we sign Norman up long term. Defense good again. What happened to Scott and Moeroa?

Lyon Matai and Stewart are looking noticeably slower. Although I could say the same for Gordon.

Nice to see us score late tries and put the game to bed for once.

+1. Just on Steve Matai. I don't get the hypocrisy of a player who clearly plays the game hard, but then lays down to milk a penalty.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
+1. Just on Steve Matai. I don't get the hypocrisy of a player who clearly plays the game hard, but then lays down to milk a penalty.

I thought the rule was penalty can only be given if player is placed on report?

Also still can't work out difference between Matai tackle and Jennings for disallowed try.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I agree some merkin could get injured. But then its up to teams to realise a scrum is still a scrum. Dont all loosely stand there so you can get out as quick as possible, stand and be ready

I think this is a good point. The modern scrum is supposed to tie up defenders to create space for the 'backs' (the seven blokes standing out of the scrum). If merkins had to bind and push every time it would make the extra space last a bit longer and maybe we wouldn't see constant one out hit ups off the scrum win. Or at least those hit ups wouldn't be one merkin running into three defenders like every other hit up.

Latest posts