What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day V Knights (round 16)

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Welcome to Game day V Knights

Expectation is high for this game, a game that we should eat into our poor for and against.
However, I am apprehensive about it. We should win and win well, but our record in games we "should" win in not good, you just need to look back at the Warriors game for that to be true.
I feel the weather is going to play a significant part in the game, and I cant see us winning by more than 10 if it is wet. On a dry track I would expect nothing less than a 20 pint win. But who knows which St George team will run out? The "D" team (defense) or the "A" team (attack).

Will Dugan play? I for one hope not. A cold wet afternoon against a team we should beat, is a recipe for a problem to develop. Save him for the Manly game IMO.
I think Friz will play at the expense of Lui

A great days football awaits with all 3 grades on display again:

Young Dragons (6th) V Young Knights (7th) - should be a cracker

Cutters (4th) V Knights (12th) - we should put 40 on them (weather permitting)

Dragons (11th) V Knights (16th) - should win and win well.

Each time this year we've had all out grades together, live on TV we we've won all grades (yes there was a draw).

So let's fire up Dragons fans and get another trifecta of wins.

Okman

Juniors
This is exactly the kind of game we lose

If we're serious about this season, we need to put some points on the Nicocastrians

dragondad

First Grade
When Newcastle was a stronger team and we were average, we usually won in Newcastle. We have a great record there.

I've had a great run in tipping Dragons results, must be over 8 rounds since I last got it wrong.

Newcastle would have pencilled this in as winnable. And win they will.

Straight Shooter

Forster Dragon

Juniors
I am wary of this game.Browny will have them cherry right to give us a real shake up.If we do not turn up they will give us a touch up remembering we are not going that well either.

BennyV

Referee
We will win by 2-4 points. Mary will praise the effort and mention that 2 of their tries were from kicks. A bunch of forumites will come out with 'at least we won' and 'will take the 2 points'. Rinse and repeat!

This is what happens when I have to start work at 4am on a Saturday :-(

The knights team isn't that bgad on paper.

I can see them winning to be honest as I have no faith in the halves or mary.

Dragsters

First Grade
If Benji does want to stay another season (not that I'm suggesting he is our future half) then this a game he needs to dominate.

I would say minimum 3 try assists and minimal errors.

Let's see what he does indeed have left.

Just watched the Dragons Holden Cup team. I reckon we have to place both hands under our bum cheeks and leave them there for two years. In other words do nothing about recruitment and save our dollars for all these kids. We need to have plenty of money to retain these great prospects. We dont need Hastings, Bird, etc. We already have them in this Holden cup team. Unfortunately I dont think McGregor will wait that long. He will want to spend money now to get some players to save his own ass.

Red V for life

Juniors
There seemed to be a bit of a gale blowing around the ground during Holden Cup meaning a smart and effective long and short kicking game will be important. Not our strong point ATM.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Just watched the Dragons Holden Cup team. I reckon we have to place both hands under our bum cheeks and leave them there for two years. In other words do nothing about recruitment and save our dollars for all these kids. We need to have plenty of money to retain these great prospects. We dont need Hastings, Bird, etc. We already have them in this Holden cup team. Unfortunately I dont think McGregor will wait that long. He will want to spend money now to get some players to save his own ass.

Obviously only a few will really kick on - the standouts are Dufty & Leilua. Hard enough to tell how they'll go - one looks a bit small, the other needs to shred kilos for higher levels. (especially with interchange decreasing to 6 in the future)

They both need some time in NSW Cup to test them against open age players. Even Nathan Cleary at 18 had a few games at that level, but players like him & Jack Bird are exceptions to the rule. We need to find that balance with blooding the younger players, both at a team level & as individuals. By that I mean, not to disrupt teams by moving them around & as individuals, be prepared to take a chance with the elite players when opportunities arise & not sticking a stop gap player from first grade into an unfamiliar position.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
2 from 2 so far
Good win by the Cutters boys 40-24 against a strong Knights team.

Now for the big one..............surely we can put 30 on them