What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY vs PANFERS Official thread. Not that post whore's 8.52pm thread the previous day, what's that rubbish!!!

eddiesmith

Juniors
Oh well, finished 3rd in a competition with 2 clear standout sides. Hopefully something to learn from and build on for next year.

PS If anyone sees Gus out in the wild, give him a shot like Tommy got and sees if he thinks it’s soft…

Weaponhead

Coach
Fk some of this commentary is harsh in here.
We were 4 points down with 20 to go against the best team perhaps ever in a preliminary final.

It was wet and slipper AF. We dropped a lot of balls but so did they. At the end, we got out muscled and outclassed by a better team.

some of this over the top.
They were brave and gave it everything. Heaps to learn and hopefully they take it into next season.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Beaten by a better team. If you watch their defence, Penrith were amazing. Full throttle all night.

Too many mistakes cruelled the Sharks and AFB won't fix that. Had chances but didn't take them.

Lack of confidence cost us.
Thank phuque someone else sees that. A lot of people talking like he will be the Messiah. I've kept my powder dry on AFB all year. He's not the gap filler people expect.

shaggs

Coach
We were 4 points down with 20 to go against the best team perhaps ever in a preliminary final.

It was wet and slipper AF. We dropped a lot of balls but so did they. At the end, we got out muscled and outclassed by a better team.

The reality is we didn’t have the ability of roster to step up and take advantage of the opportunities Penrith gave us.

We played without any real direction or control when it mattered.

Griffoshark66

First Grade

Wet and slippery AF. So we throw dumb f**king hospital passes every chance we get. The one to Nikora was criminal. All he has to do was drop it on the toe and we score. But he throws it late, low, hard, and forward. He's done.

People have a right to be pissed. We had a real chance to win that game but our million dollar flop flopped again.

bluefox68

Staff member
This will be my lasting impression of this game - Nicho constantly running too far into the line, then attempting a low percentage touch footy pass to put extreme pressure on his ball runner. Rinse, repeat… That was awful by the 7.

I don’t know how the club resolves this…

It worked when he was # 14 for the Storm, but it ain’t gonna cut it going forward…

Frenzy.

Post Whore

Then shit the bed. It was wet and "slipper" for them too you know. Don't make excuses and try and fluff it up. The Sharks were poor. 49 missed tackles. 11 ineffective. 15 errors. 38 of them Violet's.

The last few rounds and the finals have been following certain patterns and scripts.
Melbourne and Penrith on one level
Easts and us on the next level
The others a bit of a chomp behind.

Panthers beat Roosters with a good wallop in their first final, same as Storm beating us.
Roosters gave Manly a good serve in their next final, we gave Manly that same good serve in the last round.
Storm rooted the Roosters last night,
To follow the script, it stands to measure that the Panthers will do it to us as well (unless of course their doing it already this season has played its part).

This game, at the very least, we need to show that the gap between the Storm/Panthers, and us isn't as big as the pattern suggests, and start writing our own script.
There are changes in team structures from next year for a lot of clubs, we need to show tonight that we are close to being top tier.
Play for their lives to set the new patterns for the coming years.

I haven't mentioned a scoreline for a reason.
Quoting myself for a reason:

We did better than expected by the NRL/MEDIA crowd tonight.
Definitely not on the same plane as the Roosters.
Not on the same plane as the Storm or Panthers.
Not so far below.
Bad choices, short passes, bad off loads.
Simple things.

I'm just OK with things and how they are.

Matt reeked

Juniors
Thank phuque someone else sees that. A lot of people talking like he will be the Messiah. I've kept my powder dry on AFB all year. He's not the gap filler people expect.
He doesn’t fix the problem but he helps . Would love someone with an attacking mindset join the coaching staff in the off season . Trindall plays too flat , Hynes is Hynes , I really don’t know how to fix it without shipping Nicho of which isn’t going to happen .

jc155776

Coach
Bringing on a bloke in the 65th minute down by 8 who had a shocker playing centre last time he played there was peak f**ked coaching. Why have him on the bench if not going to make a hard call (like Flanno did in 2016) if a halve is

Reeks of how Freddy coached origin when he cooked Hynes out in the centres.

Middles left on too long again.

No game plan shift to adjust to wet weather.

Fitz needs help.