What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Of The Year - Thread 1

Best game Round 1-13?

• Round 2 Raiders 32 - 70 Knights

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Round 4 Sea Eagles 30 - 22 Roosters

• Round 5 Cowboys 32 - 12 Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono078

Referee
Ive gone through each round and picked what I thought was the best game of each round..

Vote for which was your favourite Match.

Click Here for 'Game Of The Year - Thread 2

After 7 days I will pick the top 3 from each thread and then make 1 thread with 6 matches to choose from to see which is game of the year.

JW

Coach
Although we went down in that game, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Round 9 game against Newcastle. Some good open footy from both teams.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: at putting the knights 70-32 win in there
rubbish game of football where defence was deadset non exsistant and canberra may as well have not turned up, such was their woeful performance
not surprising considering he who started this thread is a knights fan

Dragons V Penrith
Cowboys V Manly

much better games in round 2

Jono078

Referee
Yeah I left out Dragons V Panthers, must have missed it while going through the rounds.

Plenty of Knights games in this one, not as many in other thread though.

thuganomics

Coach
SunkenEyes said:
Newcastle Vs Canberra was pretty much an exhibition match.

Makes sence....

considering the Knights beat the Doggies in Round 3 and the Roosters belted the living crap out of the Raiders in Round 3.

Raider_69

Post Whore
if by exhibition, you mean, exhibiting how NOT to defend then yes your right
some wonderful attacking movements from both teams but it was a very ordinary game all around

SunkenEyes

Juniors
Yeah I guess I'd say it was an exhibition on how not to defend. I think it was the frequency of tries that were scored that made it feel like I was watching an exhibition match. Not to discount the quality of some of the tries though

Red Bear

Referee
Roosters - Dragons round 7 - atmosphere and passion at that game was great, despite steve f**ken clarke

*Paul*

Juniors
That Newcastle-Canberra game, I was shaking my head at our soft tries, let alone all the Newcastle ones.

LESStar58

Referee
No mention of the Storm vs Bulldogs game at OP before Origin 3? That was waaaaaaay better than the field goal in GP extra time against Penrith!

dragondad

First Grade
Manly Dragons was a ripper in Round 5.

I went for the soccer match between Saints and Eels though.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Disagree.

Warriors/Raiders was the worst.

Knights/Raiders at least had some attacking interest.

Raider_69

Post Whore
good call, that raiders/warriors game at bruce was deadset ordinary in every sense of the word

PARRA_FAN

Coach
yeah that game had so many errors, but the Knights game was p1ss poor defence from both sides, it wasnt great attack most were soft tries.

speaking of worse defensive games Souths getting belted by the Warriors.

mxlegend99

Referee
Worst = Souths vs Warriors (66-0)

My favourite was Panthers vs Storm 16-17. 9 minutes into Golden Point. Although that is due to bias i guess. We played really well for no Gower and it's my favourite loss of the year (while i would've preferred to win, we couldn't of done much more i felt - they're just a better team)

Else, i'd go Knights vs Cowboys. That Bowen try was just gold.

Latest posts