What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game One Jets v Souths

I read that too quickly, 2TB's!

I thought you wrote "Next time I'm going to sit on the other side of the ground to avoid Arthur Beetson"!!! :lol:

No disrespect intended you're an all time great to me Artie.

2 True Blues

Coach
LOL.........Artie actually made some interesting comments about some of the players ETC. He thought the game was pretty ordinary as well. heard him on his mobile prior to halftime predicting a cricket score, and running down the defence.

I thought this game was one of the worst I have watched. There were so many stoppages due to the constant handling errors it was down right boring. More stoppages than a rugby union game........

greg

Juniors
I actually have read Arties book recently and it was a very good read. I recommend it to everyone on the forum, especially dinosaurs like a lot of us bluebag supporters. ColCaseysheadband will like it as a young Col Casey gets a mention in it.

I've never read Artie's book but I'd like to....... I can just imagine the part about him meeting Col for the first time.. maybe something like this........

" 'twas a golden late autumn afternoon in 1973 as we played The Jets at Henson Park.Early in the match , I heard a deep, rumbling sound,I glanced down at my stomach thinking " surely it can't be me,I had six garlo's before I ran on!!"

Everyone started looking at me," IT'S NOT ME!" I yelled,as they gestured and shouted at me.

Thats when an irresistable force hit me and drove me four inches into the Henson pitch, I lapsed into unconsciousness.

When I woke up in hospital nine days later,I asked the doctor, who was the madman who had driven the truck onto Henson Park during the game.

The doctor smiled kindly" There was no truck there Mr Beetson."

B@#$$%t!! there was a truck I could hear the engine rumbling!!" I cried

"That was no truck" replied the doctor,"that was Col Casey's boots just before he hit you"............................

was it anything like that ,Greg?

2 True Blues

Coach
Col " The last of the Bluebags ", hope they are gonna make him a lifetime member. Missed him last weekend. Artie's book sounds good Greg, might give it a read. Am currently reading a book on Quinns post at Gallipoli at the moment. Top book....

Sorry to bring this up now guys but i need a little help, ive been taking all the stats from the premier league season and have been looking back through them and found that there is a try scorer missing for this game, it has

Newtown Jets 28
Tries: Lelea Paea, N Plum, G Hall, A. Kirk ?
Goals: J Lewis 4

But i can;t find who scored it, can anybody remember, someone may have scored a double, i found the big league for that week and it has the same as above, all help is appreciated

thanks

2 True Blues

Coach
One of the only four losses the Jets have suffered all season mate. Souths, Sharks, Parra and Manly are the only sides we have lost to all season thus far. Was trying to put THAT game out of my memory banks....LOL.....;-) :cool: :)