What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Over

Parki

Bench
Sunday 14th September 2003
Newcastle Knights vs Sydney Roosters

Game Over

Last night the faint hopes of a community came crashing down under the lights of aussie stadium. 26 heartbreaking rounds turned into dust, and so did the knights slim finals hopes. The Roosters march on towards the grand final, and the Knights are left contemplating what might have been. What might have been if results had been different. What might have been if our hero had remained to lead us to greatness. What if, what may have been if the roosters had got hit by a truck last night on the way to the ground. But that didn’t happen, and so we are left contemplating a year of flashes of brilliance, mixed with earth shattering disappointments. And so ends our season.

A year which unearthed the raw talent of Kurt Gidley. A year which brought out the passion and more often than not stupidity in Josh Perry. And a year in which Ben Kennedy brought the hunter to its feet with dashing runs, and later on the type of leadership that was needed to bring the side into the finals when no one said they could do it. Topped off with a performance though while disappointing, left nothing in the tank. Last night we could not have tried any harder. We played our guts out, but in the end they were just too good. Well most of them. There is one of them that I am going to single out, as he alone holds the key to the destruction of the roosters finals series.

You’ve heard me mention his name before, and im going to go it again. Chris Walker is the laziest, most pathetic man in football. He doesent run back to the line, and actually spends more time looking into the crowd going, “hey who said that,” than actually following the play. He is absolutely hopeless, and I have this message for anyone or any team that wants to shut down the roosters. Kick to him. Pass to him. Tackle him. Put his head in the dirt, where it belongs. Make him feel like the sellout he is, because if the Roosters win the comp, he didn’t deserve it. Chris Walker should not be playing finals football. Case closed. And furthermore, after the game when the roosters were celebrating he was looking for the seven teenagers that had the tenacity to call him on what he really is. A sellout. Pure and simple.

Right, now that the Walker bashing is off, I will talk about something far more pleasant. Her name is Sophie. She cant sing. She cant dance. But she gained a standing ovation from two of her most loyal fans, because lets be honest. She WAS the highlight of last nights game. Every time one of her songs finished, two boys in bay thirty five would stand on their seats and cheer their heads off, because the girl has talent. Just not the singing kind. Sophie, thankyou for bringing some small joy to a boys heart that was to be smashed into a million pieces eighty minutes later.

Some people asked me whether we were going to win last night, and the answer is yes. Its always yes. Because without hope, there is no point. Hope is found in the souths fan that turns up every week to watch his side get flogged, because it is this hope that gives his side a chance of winning. It is this passion and desire that makes us turn up week in week out, that makes us go to games such as last night when the odds are so heavily stacked against us. Because without hope, we may as well not be there. People laugh at our pride, but its that pride that the boys came over and clapped last night. Its that pride that will make someone put a tattoo on their arm, that tattoo, that symbol. Its sitting in the rain and getting hypothermia in Canberra and screaming your head off. Because it means something. I don’t care about rugby league. I care about the knights. So what do I do?

I tell you what I do. I take my pain to bed with me tonight. I reflect on a season that once again has showed me that the knights are more than just some business run to make a profit at the expense of the fans. I reflect on a season that has taken me to 21 games, brought me new friends, and once again re established the passion and commitment to this team that I value above anything else. I take my tears and my broken heart, and I pick up the pieces. Because theres always next year.

I hope you enjoyed my stories and hopefully there will be more in 2004

Mark Peterson

Big Tim

First Grade
Well done yet again champ. I love the way you can put those feelings into words. Well done.

*knights_Lady*

Juniors
God Mark, how do you do it week after week.. that was great.. almost brang a tear to my eye infact (only because you failed to mention the presence of everyone's favourite lock Ricko) lol.... C'mon I know you love him too ;-)
Good work dude, one of your very best!

the_knights_rule

First Grade
Parki said:
You’ve heard me mention his name before, and im going to go it again. Chris Walker is the laziest, most pathetic man in football. He doesent run back to the line, and actually spends more time looking into the crowd going, “hey who said that,” than actually following the play. He is absolutely hopeless, and I have this message for anyone or any team that wants to shut down the roosters. Kick to him. Pass to him. Tackle him. Put his head in the dirt, where it belongs. Make him feel like the sellout he is, because if the Roosters win the comp, he didn’t deserve it. Chris Walker should not be playing finals football. Case closed. And furthermore, after the game when the roosters were celebrating he was looking for the seven teenagers that had the tenacity to call him on what he really is. A sellout. Pure and simple.

i agree with every word of that, he is a selfish bastard and i dispise him, maybe i shouldve made a sign saying walker the wanker instead of perry power... it wouldve left walker looking at my sign all night. and like you said he doesnt deserve to be in the finals.

I will talk about something far more pleasant. Her name is Sophie. She cant sing. She cant dance. But she gained a standing ovation from two of her most loyal fans, because lets be honest. She WAS the highlight of last nights game.

i have to say i found her male dancers qutie entertaining... they was so how should i say this... enthusiastic about their dacning, i was laughing so hard i nearly cried
:lol:

I hope you enjoyed my stories and hopefully there will be more in 2004

well i know plenty of others along with myself have! keep them coming dude :)

Latest posts