What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Problem

Fraser

I've got this copy of GTA IV. My brother gave me his brand new copy he just played, it was all fine for him. Then after a few days whenever I played the game it would freeze. It happened quite often, maybe after 30mins of play.

My brother took me to JB Hi Fi in the city and they used a machine to fix the disc for $3. I bring it home and notice in the middle ring there is huge scrachting and the xbox didn't read the game at all. Bear in mind this happened in December last year, I checked the $3 receipt to fix it and the date was 29/12/08...

I want to trade the game in, something to get cash.. it cost $115 after all and the $3 fix it thing f**ked it up, but is it too late to go back to JB and complain? I remember my other brother at the time said go to myers and say your game spazzed out, you bought it here but lost your receipt, but yo uwant your money back.

Any ideas?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
id say you missed the boat, if you had picked it up at the time you could complain but way to much time has passed.

Little striker

Juniors
If you still have the docket from when you got it scratch fixed, it should be ok if it was done by JB. They have to do something about it. If not you can trade it in but for the price they say, or ask for a replacement.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
i had the exact same problem... at first would freeze on gta.... then it started doing it on fable... then it just stopped working all together

Pierced Soul

First Grade
If you still have the docket from when you got it scratch fixed, it should be ok if it was done by JB. They have to do something about it. If not you can trade it in but for the price they say, or ask for a replacement.

not if it's from dec and he's only now claiming theres a prob

i find the quality control on 360's/ 360 disc manufacturing pisspoor, particularly for EA games. i find the disc drive sued scuffs discs and EA games seem to get a lot of disc read erros