What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME THREAD: Eels v Sea Eagles - Round 3 (16th March 2023)

Chipmunk

Coach
3 individually brilliant efforts from Gutho probably kept us in that game for longer than we probably should've been.

We had enough opportunities in that second half to win, but too many poor efforts at crucial times just let us down. AGAIN

A crucial call on RCGs no try obviously very costly.

The final scoreline I think flatterers us in the end to be honest. We were lucky Manly's lack of match fitness kept us in the contest.

The less said about Simonsson and Blake the better.

I could go on, but there is just too many weaknesses in this mob to really get enthused.

We'll start to lose some confidence from here. I said two weeks ago I don't think we're a snowballs chance this year. I've seen nothing since to suggest any different.

I always felt Matterson's decision after the GF was going to be the beginning of a real poor season. He has a significantly alot to answer for.

3 individually brilliant efforts from Gutho probably kept us in that game for longer than we probably should've been.

We had enough opportunities in that second half to win, but too many poor efforts at crucial times just let us down. AGAIN

A crucial call on RCGs no try obviously very costly.

The final scoreline I think flatterers us in the end to be honest. We were lucky Manly's lack of match fitness kept us in the contest.

The less said about Simonsson and Blake the better.

I could go on, but there is just too many weaknesses in this mob to really get enthused.

We'll start to lose some confidence from here. I said two weeks ago I don't think we're a snowballs chance this year. I've seen nothing since to suggest any different.

I always felt Matterson's decision after the GF was going to be the beginning of a real poor season. He has a significantly alot to answer for.
Mattersons decision after the GF reflects the rotten attitude of the players and coach at the club. How the f**k did the club approve that? Shit attitude shit team

hindy111

Post Whore
Actually Reg’s try in front of the posts is also an option.

That was a try. Penisini should of scored. We threw away a lot of points. But really we didn't turn up in first 25mins. The game was kind of lost then and we chased our tails for the rest of the game.
I think if Hopgood doesn't force that silly pass we win in last few mins.
Anyhows 3 games in a row against 3 top sides. We've scored the same amount of tries and lost on goal kicking. We have also played well below our best. And we have troops to come back. I still think we are a good side in here somewhere.
We are going to see 3 - 5 new players in the side soon.

Russel,Lane,Matterson and I reckon a signing soon plus Matalele will be in the side over Murchie,Moimesea....

We could smoke Manly next time. They where full strength and at home.