What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game thread: Round 21... uhhh... oops. SEASON ANALYSIS TIME!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
R21: We have the bye!

OK. 5 games to go.

Here's our run home:

R22 v Cowboys @ Dairy Farmers (Sat 7:30 FoxDel)
R23 v Dragons @ Telstra (Sun 3:00 Ch9@4pm)
R24 v Brisbane @ Telstra (Fri 7:30 Ch9@8:30)
R25 v Manly @ Brookvale (Time TBA Monday)
R26 v Penrith @ CUASP (Time TBA Next Monday)

IMO, there's no reason we can't go 5/5 and take the Storm all the way to the finish line. We put 25-0 on the Roosters without breaking a sweat and if we can try, imagine what we could unleash.

So far, I think we're definitely well short of our peak. The Dragons game was by far our best of the year but we've still got room to rise. Predicitons? Analysis of our first 19 games? Concerns, worries, good news, bad news?

Keep tabs on it all here until we even begin to worry about those Cowboys.

And in the meantime, lets hope those judiciary types send Morley home early ;-)

im worried about the cowboys and dragons games, cowboys are starting to hit some good form, and dragons will try and bounce back because things dont get easy for them, they play storm this week and us 2 weeks after..

with brisbane, im pritty confident sice its at telstra and we will have a full squad, (hopefully), manly wont be easy beats because they will be looking for a top 4 spot, but if we turn up prepared we should get away with the 2 points, penrith is one of the teams that you cant really tell how they are going to go, they can play really well one week and poorly the next week..

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Utai returns for the Bonkers game. Full squad, injuries permitting, by then.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
I'm more worried about the Cowboys than the Dragons.

The Dragons underperform every year. They will bow out of the competition with little more than a whimper. IMHO they are too arrogant for their own good. The attempted field goal against the Dogs when down by 6 in the 1st half epitomized that attitude - it was obvious they thought they'd get close enough for it to matter. It clearly didn't. The only way the Dragons will show us any fight is if they leave their egos behind...

The Cowboys have shown before that they are a quality outfit. I've been largely unimpressed by the Broncos this year so I'm not that worried by the victory at Dairy Farmers. However the Cowboys will need to be watched.

Manly and Penrith will be desperate for wins, however I think both teams are massively overrated.

Bashman

Juniors
4 out of 5 will get us the Top 2 spot so any 4 will do.
Enjoyed some of our wins this year especially the Tigers Games. Saints was a good win as well.
The Manly Game still hasn't left my mind. We were awful that day, same against Canberra.
Overall we are overachieving so anything 4th or higher on the ladder is a real bonus.\\\\:D/