What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Tonight

wish I could be there but just had operation last week

let's hope our win will be as sexy as her..

1zv96ax.gif

Zoggy

Juniors
I thought Soward had a great game, really made the titans work from their line.
I have a feeling Soward will really step it up this year.

Last edited:

BigNormProvan

Juniors
For a first start hit-out it was a pretty polished display.

There was a set of 6 at one point where we marched the ball from deep in our half that ended with a pinpoint Soward kick that went into touch a couple of metre's from the corner post, it was like a training drill. Great signs.

Go Saints.

Big Norm

KiamaSaint

Coach
I thought Soward had a great game, really made the titans work from their line.
I have a feeling Soward will really step it up this year.

I totally agree, I thought his kicking game was the difference tonight. Very effective compared to Scott's which was lacklustre. I can only think of one decent kick Scott Prince put in all night that lead to the Harrison try, at a push you might consider the lucky bomb that lead to their first try as also decent. Fantastic to see so many sail over the dead ball line.

Matt Prior had an off night but nothing the coaching staff can't fix. The Dragons have pick up from where they left off last year, no hangover as far as I could see.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Soward was MOTM by a country mile.

Not just for his kicking game, but for his defence. Bird thought he'd run over Soward but couldn't get past him. By the second half it was Soward who was all over Bird. The hunter became the hunted.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Forgot to put 'for Titans'.

The points Soward got from his kicks aside (21), his long kicking game was also superb. Nearly always hit the ground, & a few times nailed it inside their 10. Fien also kicked pretty well.

It was interesting that our strike backline play was rarely used tonight - they don't seem to rely on that one play anymore. I like the new variations of - especially where Boyd is used as the decoy with Creagh running out wide.

Minh

First Grade
We were on song, the fact that we were jet lagged is signs of things to come, we are going to get better. Very happy with the win these guys are out and out winners, they can bring their "A" game even though they are mentally and physically fatigued.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Am I imagining this?
• Has Creagh a new opportunistic role; running shallow diagonal lines then straightening and popping up all over the place?
• Was Coops a little selfish a couple of times or was there not opportunity to advance the ball by using Morris?
• Did Jon “The Juggler” Green touch the ball more times than anyone else on the field? His hands were like fly paper.
• Has Sowie taken a much more assertive role within the team?
• Was Trent Merrin with 41 minutes, 13 runs, 129 metres, 4 tackle breaks, 1 offload and 23 tackles the best value player in the NRL this week?

I’d say that we have close to the best pack (including reserves) in the NRL at the moment. The future looks pretty bright for the big red V

I noticed a fair bit in the preseason coops was running at the line himself alot more especially 5-10 meters out. This is a good thing as it will give the other team something else to think about during the season. I'd say Coops first try scorer will happen a fair bit this season, will be putting money on him till he wins.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Soward's kicking game was very good but so was his defence. Put in a nice hit on Bird. Saved a possible try. Well done Soward. Soward looks like he is going to have a big year. All played well apart from Prior. He had an off night. He will come good.

I hope they continue with Fein at hooker and put Deano in the backrow in place of Prior when Deano is fit. That will then be the strongest pack for the Dragons imo. Fein is a quality hooker and Young is much beeter when he plays in the backrow than at hooker.

st.phil

Bench
although Prior dropped some ball (as he did in the charity shield as well)he has really stepped up in his aggression and involvement. Looks like a fit and fast ver of Jeremy Smith ;-)

djdragon

Juniors
Now referring to the Sharkies -

looks like its going to be a wet one. A huge storm went through south of Wollongong and another on its way to hit Sydney (from radar). Looks like it might be a forward tussle with a kicking game.

Latest posts