What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gameday thread and all that stuff

parra pete

Referee
Very happy with the effort - not the score.
But it is all coming together for the team. They will develop into a good side.
I thought any one of ten players could have figured in the player votes. Hard to pick and that is good.
The grapple tackle by Wagon in the 39th minute..was the only grapple penalised all game!
But, on the day, Bulldogs just a little too good...but the Eels are getting there.

NT_Eelsfan

Juniors
parra pete said:
Very happy with the effort - not the score.
But it is all coming together for the team. They will develop into a good side.
I thought any one of ten players could have figured in the player votes. Hard to pick and that is good.
The grapple tackle by Wagon in the 39th minute..was the only grapple penalised all game!
But, on the day, Bulldogs just a little too good...but the Eels are getting there.

good to hear

was Omeley contained?

dazeely

First Grade
The boys at least turned up and stuck it to the Dogs for the majority of the game. Yes we lost but they put in. They lacked a little direction and game plan IMO. Not sure why Hags didn't play Blake like he did last week. I know PJ can play the full 80min but he lost his attacking zip (which is understandable). I would have brought Blake on and rested PJ.

I know I should resist bagging anyone but Cannings was weak not putting his body on the line and attempting a tackle on Mason when he scored. That effort was really poor IMO and he left poor PJ by himself.

The other was the obvious one with Guru pushing yet again a pass just before half time. He needs a kick up the arse and should be told not to pass unless he is out in the open ffs. He would be the best dummy half runner around but lets himself and the team down regularily in this area. Basics Guru and you will be unstoppable.

What about the big cut on Ian Hindy's head. Pissed out.

Oh well fellas hold your head high and make up for it next week by smashing the Titans.

dazeely

First Grade
NT_Eelsfan said:
good to hear

was Omeley contained?

definately.

For once I thought our team looked tough. Not the powder puffs of old. Impressive.

Mason was strong.

Eelectrica

Referee
In some ways it was probably our most complete performance of the year. Just bad decision making at certain points during the game cost us.
Hopefully everyone learns from them and they're not repeated.
Good to see Finch earn his place in the 1st grade side as well.

Oh well bring on the Titans next Sunday. They're a good side and I think teams to this point have underestimated them. Especially their defence at times.

Macca_

Coach
That game was there for the taking today.

We made some poor decisions at crucial times. Basically threw it away.

Still, the effort was good and if we continue to improve, we'll be a chance come finals time.

Mitchsu Danger

Juniors
O'Meley was a disappointment. Was keen to see him fire up. But he was just plain old lazy.

Mason on the otherhand...

Luke Burt has gotta be a contender for City/Country.

JOB 3:14

Juniors
I thought we played well today. Im happy with the way Tim Smith boxed the dogs in to their own half, halfway throught the second half. It does look like Eric Grothe cost us the game at the end of the first half. It's a harsh call but unfortunately it is true. This is coming from a fan who has been pleased with the way he has been playing lately. If only he could cut out the offload or slip pass when we are in front, in our own half, with 50 seconds to go before the break.

Parra Guru

Coach
parra-matters said:
WE played well, better team lost.

At the end of the day, all that matters is who went home with the 2 points.

Unfortunately it was a great effort, but the doggies are the only team in the comp who won't lie down. They push and push for the 80 minutes. Which is why that play by Blake on the 5th was so crucial to the outcome. I'm not having a dig at Blake. Riddell did the exact same thing last season in the same situation. The knock on by Josh at the end was also disappointing. We really need to smarten up as a team & slow it down a little when we are under pressure.

All in all I thought the rest of the game was great. Our outside backs are using the width well & the halves, while still a bit rusty, are coming good. Finch was good today, and can hopefully carry it with him next week!

It was an exciting game, and the dogs were deserved winners, although I don't really think they brought their A game with them this week.

I think if Blake had not gone down the blind with 9 to go we could have set up nicely for a field goal and taken the lead.

Apart from that, we really played well today and the loss wasn't that bad.

Parra Guru

Coach
JOB 3:14 said:
I thought we played well today. Im happy with the way Tim Smith boxed the dogs in to their own half, halfway throught the second half. It does look like Eric Grothe cost us the game at the end of the first half. It's a harsh call but unfortunately it is true. This is coming from a fan who has been pleased with the way he has been playing lately. If only he could cut out the offload or slip pass when we are in front, in our own half, with 50 seconds to go before the break.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

fmd :roll:

Kornstar

Coach
Mason won the game for the Bulldogs. I thought it was our best game of the year to tell you the truth.

I am not happy we lost but it is the best i have felt after a loss for a long time......Finch picked up his game which is great, however Grothe let himself down with that pass before halftime, other than that i thought he was very strong today.

Cannings lateral defence has unfortunately let us down again......Paulo must be knocking hard on a bench spot wouldn't he??????

shiftysmith

Juniors
i dont want to sound negative,i would not say it was our best game but it was our best half this year(obviously that being the 1st half) second half was ver poor

yeah Blakey will learn from that, we have a young side they will learn from today.
There are good days ahead my friends.

murraymob

Coach
looks like finch has found his home good to see after roosters fans made hin there scape goat last year.He is slowly getting better and better with each round

Latest posts