What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gameday v Titans

Losing to a previously winless team is bad enough but losing because we made the same bloody mistakes from less than a week ago… fk that’s hard to stomach. Those mistakes include the ones made in the coaching box too. We all love Webby but the bench has become a farce.

After last week I said the attack was too predictable with short balls to a forward or that wide deep shape, and it was more of the same today, it is getting easier for the top minds to read now

On top of this, during the week, I heard Webster interviewed and asked about the lack of metres from his back rowers last week. He said it was part of their game plan and “he would need to invent a new game model” to get them involved. That quote pricked my ears up a bit, as I already felt they are too structured and today looks more of the same. They need to loosen up and allow some attack of what they see in front of them rather than the robotic style. That sweep out the back looks awesome when the timing is all spot on, but perhaps going to that well too often
The angle runs by forwards and hitting out the back seemed to stop in second half that worked for the first two tries.
The it was hitting the forwards, sweep play got read and had to go with kicks.

Losing to a previously winless team is bad enough but losing because we made the same bloody mistakes from less than a week ago… fk that’s hard to stomach. Those mistakes include the ones made in the coaching box too. We all love Webby but the bench has become a farce.
It's a 3 man bench.
He obviously thinks the team is super fit.
Two short turn arounds after 90min golden point has limited practice and apparently SJ not training with the team, which shows. In hindsight he should of had thr last 2 games off to heal up the achilles that is causing him issues.

Last edited:

nswarrior

Juniors
We don’t have enough impact off the bench. Ale has been a disappointment. Laban was good in patches but was gassed after 15 and let in that try.

Zyon is what you need coming off the bench for a short spell to turn the momentum.

hitro

Juniors
the Warriors were good in the 1st and 4th quarters
Terrible in 2 and 3
AFB was off 2 and 3