What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gameplay Tricks

Chanandalar

Juniors
If you go for a short kick off and it doesnt go ten, normally the opposition will catch it, and that will give you a penalty from the halfway line

Magpie Nick

Juniors
Scoot from the scrum with your Halfback. I noticed you can usually run and get away from dunny half but only with your Hooker.

Special K

Coach
I win a bit on League God but then I can get smashed. Go for big hits, kick early, use the fullback in defence(make sure he is fast) and get heaps of off loads going if you can.

thuganomics

Coach
League God gets easy after a while. Especially when you have Slater, Bowen, Wesser, Minichiello, Wing, Johns, Lockeyer and Tahu in your back line. :D

roosters2004

Juniors
i always win on league god..

1. on the last give it to a fast player and run all the way ova to the wing.. cause the wings drop back..

2. on a drop out this will work every time in the easy modes and sometimes in legend and god.. you sent ur player kickin in between ur oppisitions 2 prop and do a short drop out n u will get the ball back.

3. i thing u should never kick on the last! its to hard on god mode they get up on u to fast i say if ur gonna kick do so on the 4th if not run at the wings on the 5th as i said b4.

cheers hope they help

thuganomics said:
League God gets easy after a while. Especially when you have Slater, Bowen, Wesser, Minichiello, Wing, Johns, Lockeyer and Tahu in your back line. :D
dream teams usually are too easy and take the fun out of the game. try winning the league with a bottom side.

i have found that if you run diagonally at the line and time the pass just before meet the defense it creates gaps easily and i think its easy to power play like this.

Azkatro

First Grade
It's amazing how well this game translates from the real life counterpart after a while (depending on how you play).

I have scored heaps of tries from simple draw and pass. This is a really good option if you can draw two or three players in and you're attacking near the line. Once you get that pass away, just draw and pass your way to a four pointer.

Also occasionally you'll be running it up diagonally and notice there's at least three or four defenders swarming across towards you. In this situation I run straight back at them and pass across just before they hit me - really opens them up.

Second-phase play is king. If your player is standing in the tackle, a lot of the time someone is waiting for an offload and he has space to run to. Go for it.

When you hold down the pass button and it throws a long cutout pass, doing this then hitting the line will often win you an offside penalty as players out wide sometimes don't make it back the ten.

If you have a penalty 10m out from the opposition's line, take the tap (unless two points is a much smarter option). When you do, sprint at the line and just as you're about to get hit throw a dummy and hammer that try score button. So often the key defender will fall for the dummy and you'll dive under them for a sneaky four pointer.

Cheeky tricks.... one is to aim your kickoff at one of the blokes who stand on the ten metre line. Do the double tap and (only occasionally) they'll catch it before it makes the 10. Don't bet on this working all the time though.

Latest posts