What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

games against emerging states in AUSTRALIA

joondalup_giant

Staff member
would this work or are even these competitions to good for the AMNRL

i dont know anything about the AMNRL but if it is possible why not have the tomahawks vs the emerging states AUS side or even the emerging states(W.A, S.A, VIC)

roopy

Referee
I think the cost of the travel would kill off that idea.

If the Tomahawks tour this year is like last year's they need to get in as much as possible in about two weeks, which means about three games and a lot of coaching and networking around Sydney.

I'd love to see them go to a country town, where I think they'd get a much better reception than in Sydney, and I think the bigger country centres would give them all the competition they could handle at present as well.

The Hunter Valley with games against Cessnock, Wests, Wyong and maybe a Knights Legends team would be a great tour and they would get heaps of press and some good crowds as well. It would also be a much nicer holiday for the players than Sydney again.

Jeffles

Bench
Not a bad idea this. Costs are an issue but with the exchange rate it isn't as bad as you think. Heck, if there was a sponsor on board it would be a real goer.

Tomahawk

Staff member
Even know the competition is the best in the world, which is RL in Australia, I think the Tomahawks need to stay out of that country. I believe the Tomahawks have to concentrate on playing teams on their level now. I think some good teams that the Tomahawks should concentrate on are Russia, Ireland, Japan, Bara (France), Lebanon, and a couple of the island teams (like Fiji) I think these teams would be great competition for the Tomahawks, and you would see better games. Then in maybe two to five year start to look at playing England, Whales, and Australian teams.

Tomahawk

mono_mal

Juniors
Australia is a good country to tour because on top of games played you can also attend training sessions with nrl teams and do other development work that will help the Tomahawks signifignantly skills wise.
The problem is though that the Tomahawks are playing sides well above their capabilities. In all seriousness the Tomahawks should be scheduling matches against A-Grade and Country teams and possibly Jim Beam Cup teams.
Attendances would also be higher than for games like USA V Parra.

hot dog

Juniors
Nothing is confirmed yet; but I do believe we are playing a match against one of the country teams.....someone must be listening Mono Mal......

hgfds

Juniors
I think the oz tour has to stay if the usa keeps improving and eventually play some competitive games in the league heartlands of the hunter,illawarra and central coast,they will get good attendences and build a league tradition.

mono_mal

Juniors
hot dog said:
Nothing is confirmed yet; but I do believe we are playing a match against one of the country teams.....someone must be listening Mono Mal......
yeah it looks like it.
i read in a Central Coast newspaper that the Tomahawks will be playing the Wyong Roos at Morrie Breen Oval.
this should be a good game though i think the Roos are still of a higher skill level than the Tomahawks. if it is promoted enough there should be a large crowd in attendance as i know the coast teams in the Jim Beam Cup had some of the best crowd averages.
i congratulate both the AMNRL and the Wyong Roos for arranging this match.