What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ganguly Dropped

fish eel

Immortal
Has Sourav played his last test match?

He has been dropped for the third test versus sl, after batting for almost 6 hours for a total of around 80 runs in his two innings in the second test match. This was after failing in the first test.

I think perhaps we may have seen the last of this prima donna.

Rustay

Juniors
Dont really care to be honest. Good player i guess, but he is a knob and i dont like him a bit. Seeya, Sourav. Nice knowing ya. :)

Tommy Smith

Referee
Yeah its about time. He isnt good for team harmony and there are plenty of youngsters more worthy than him now such as Yuvraj and Kaif.

J-Man

Juniors
They're better off without him in my opinion.

He always seemed to put himself before the team.

choc_soldier

Coach
Some Indians have too much time on their hands - from Cricinfo...

Protests follow Ganguly's axing
Cricinfo staff
December 15, 2005

Some fans have reacted angily to the dropping of former captain Sourav Ganguly for the third Test against Sri Lanka at Ahmedabad, with protests in his home town of Kolkata and throughout the state of West Bengal

Protestors blocked roads and railway tracks, condemning what they claimed was the injustice of the decision. Effigies of Indian coach Greg Chappell and chief selector Kiran More were burnt and their pictures were garlanded with shoes in Esplanade, a business hub, and elsewhere in the city. Crowds marched through the streets, chanting slogans: "We want Sourav back" and "Chappell, More go to hell."

Soumitra Chatterjee, hero of many of Satyajit Ray's films, told a press conference it was the saddest treatment that a national hero had ever received. "It's an act of treachery to cricket that has polluted sport's atmosphere," he said. West Bengal urban development minister, Asoke Bhattacharya, said Ganguly was a victim of the Indian Cricket Board's politics, arguing: "There is no logic in dropping him after his performance in the Delhi Test."

Fans were waiting at Kolkata airport when Ganguly returned late on Wednesday and later gathered in front of his house shouting support for him. There were chaotic scenes at the airport, and Ganguly was rushed to a waiting car and sped off.

© Cricinfo

TheParraboy

Staff member
The paper up here reported there were about 300 protestors :lol:

300 out of a billion people?

Ganguly has a very small fan base it appears :lol: