What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gareth Widdop review

j0nesy

Bench
My memory of his short kicking game is the opposite. I seem to only remember him constantly kicking the ball into opponents legs 5 metres out from the line.
Having said that it was an enormous waste of his talent playing under McGregor. He’d have a few more premiership rings if he stayed under Bellamy.

Mine too, I also remember completely missing his foot with the grubber, more than a few times, and knocking it on.

On the other hand, he was excellent when he decided to take on the line.

possm

Coach
Widdop was good in his early years at the Dragons but fell away to loose constancy. Won some games for us and lost some too. Move on, it is what it is but we don't need him. We have Sullivanand Amone coming through and they are our future.

Gareth67

First Grade
I will never forget how he got up from a hospital bed on the Friday to play against the Bulldogs on the Saturday night in a semi final .

We were going to be thrashed then skinned alive just for good measure - at least according to the critics , however
Widdop played one of his best games to have the Dragons ahead with only 10 minutes remaining.

However those big grubs Kasiano and Frank Pritchard flatten Widdop in a tackle and the dogs scored shortly after . Still the Dragons could had won , with the game in the balance until the final whistle.

A very good all round player who most certainly could had taught our present captain about the true qualities of leadership and never giving up .

Many memories from his time at the Dragons , enjoy a well deserved retirement Gareth . 😇

Last edited:

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Widdop was good in his early years at the Dragons but fell away to loose constancy. Won some games for us and lost some too. Move on, it is what it is but we don't need him. We have Sullivanand Amone coming through and they are our future.
Wow the joys of hindsight possm