What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gareth Widdop - Will it pay off?

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
So as happy as I am that we have signed a new great young player who seems to have some potential. My optimistic side is telling me that he will become an integral part of our team for the future and may be able to pair with another one of our young players as 6-7, or pair other potential players we might sign before seasons end.

However, my pessimistic/realist side tells me that this is a high risk low reward signing. He is a great player when he is playing with the best NRL team in the world alongside the best 3 players in the league today (Smith, Cronk, Slater). Hopefully he can convert his role play in Melbourne to match a team where he will be holding the reigns and leading the attack.

I will always look to my optimistic side being a diehard Dragons supporter and hope that he turns out to be the best signing of the decade for us.

Thoughts everyone?

Im delighted we've signed him.....if your pessimistic side tells you that hes possibly a good player because hes playing in the so called best team in the world, then I much prefer your optimistic side..because its a big step in the right direction....I guess we wouldn't be pessimistic about Cronks worth if we took him out of that side and he joined us would we...anyhow its great your a die hard Dragons supporter and sharing your thoughts.

TheRev

Coach
If we sign another half - fullback.

If we only have Drinkwater - 5/8th.

Is your plan that Drinkwater is our halfback for 2014 regardless of who is signed?

One thing I like about Widdop in the halves is he has premiership winning experience and professionalism, id want atleast 1 of our halves to have an old head... not sure Rangi chase would be up to it (but ive no idea what to expect from him tbh).

Latest posts