What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GB are comical

balmainbenny

Juniors
GB are great for a laugh.

1) Carney's no try from a forward pass.

2) Terry Newton's bomb out on the full.

Im still laughing at their crap. :lol:

carlnz

Bench
Hurriflatch said:
Even the NZ Cricket team score better then the pommie league side.

Hey hey thats a low blow!! They tdiffernce is that GB were expected to win were as the black caps are expected to get thrashed ;-)

In-goal

Bench
The GB performance this morning was nothing short of inept, when you put it up against what they have achieved over the last 4 weeks.

I feel for the players as they were over whelmed buy the occasion more than anything, to many players were just expecting it to happen and were caught out ball watching.

Never the less the Kangaroos were clinical in there assault with the return of Lockyer as the conducter of a wonderful performance from the Kangaroos.

gregstar

Referee
The GB performance this morning was nothing short of inept, when you put it up against what they have achieved over the last 4 weeks.

I feel for the players as they were over whelmed buy the occasion more than anything, to many players were just expecting it to happen and were caught out ball watching.

Never the less the Kangaroos were clinical in there assault with the return of Lockyer as the conducter of a wonderful performance from the Kangaroos.
well done in-goal! you are an individual with guts! :clap: :clap:

Once Dead

Bench
Sad thing is, we're all laughing now - but why couldn't Australia do this before if they were such a dominant team? Reeks of players possibly treating the competition and the jersey without respect

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
In-goal said:

I must say it does seem as though the boys thought showing up would be good enough, but the Lions complete lack of anything remotely resembling a kicking game was always going to catch up with them.

Like the Kiwis, You can match us up front (not this game though) and out wide but the lack of a quality halves combination from both teams will leave them a step behind.

wittyfan

Referee
It was a very disappointing result when you consider how much International league has come back in recent weeks. :(

DIEHARD

----
It was so funny and so embarrassing at the same time.

Thanks again to GB for letting Rugby League down. If they had the Tri Nations next year in UK we wont get the same crowds and if we had it in Australia we would beat them by 100 points. #-o

screeny

Bench
The GB team aren't crap, they just choked on the big stage, couldn't handle the pressure and were made to look crap by the Aussies.

GB are chokers, not a bad team. Big difference.

Frustrated Fan

Juniors
Impellitteri said:
Sad thing is, we're all laughing now - but why couldn't Australia do this before if they were such a dominant team? Reeks of players possibly treating the competition and the jersey without respect

Yeah. I reckon. What a stark contrast in form. If Australia played half as good as that at JJB Stadium, they would have won easily.

But at the end of the day Australia got the job done in when it mattered.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Simple, this game their was a ref who let the game open up.

If Glen Black was the reg I still think Australia would've won but it would have been closer

screeny

Bench
Let the game open up or play outside the rules? Did Smith play more than a 10-metre offside?

I don't for one minute think GB would have won against a superb Roos outfit but I hate the way Smith constantly changes the rules by playing a 12-15 metre offside.

Warrington_Mike

Juniors
i have to admit, i was completely gutted watching the game. BUT i laughed out loud when terry newtion kicked twice, and the second time, out on the full. geez, it was all over by then :cry:

dreadful to watch, luckily i had quite a few beers just after...... :roll:

mikdalton

Juniors
It was over at 14-0. Then we knew we had to throw it about and we couldn't. It didn't help that everything australia did stuck, it was an awesome performance simple as. Once it went 20-0 etc it was always going to be a big score, I think GB were shellshocked I know I was. The tackling went to pot, good tackling that we'd seen in the previous 4 games. Australia could openly throw caution to the wind and they did. This game wasn't destined to be 44-4 it just went very badly very soon for GB, the killer being the try for 14-0. I knew we had no chance then.

If you don't believe me this wasn't the first time this has happenned in the tri-nations. The first Gb vs NZ game it very nearly happenned. At 12-2 to the kiwis this was happenning, every ball was sticking and we were very lucky to go in at h/t at 12-2. If they'd scored again it could have been a big result for NZ. If they'd have started like that it could have been 30-0 at h/t. GB can't cope with being behind when teams throw the ball around. When we are in contention we are a good side, up front we can match as we can defensively. Teams are reluctant to throw it around against us when its close for fear of dropping the ball in vital positions. Aus simply had the ascendancy at a very early stage and that killed us.

We quite simply choked on the big stage. We were awful the kangaroos awesome for 40 minutes. We are a much better team than that and we will show it, just not for 2 years I hope. I think next year would be too soon for another tri-nations. We need to regroup, the fans need to regain confidence and Lockyer needs to retire.

Art Vanderlay

Juniors
One team turned up ready for a Grand Final, and the other team turned up to play a club game!! it was easy as that!

How many times now have GB teams choked on a big stage!!!

Best bit about the game was getting there early the atmo. was great!!
So many happy faces, so many old timers there to see the game...but then kick off ..........game over!!!!
Well done AUS, yet again they stepped up when needed and showed the rest of us what it takes to be World Champions for so many years!!

Perhaps the Tri Nations should be every 2nd year? or perhaps we drop GB and bring in France!!! (only kidding fellas)

Latest posts