What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GB to win test

the saint

Juniors
All GB fans don't want any excuses about you Aussies having injury's to key players,or how your new captain is new to the job,not having a scrum half, or your coach not having the best of times .
You know your in for a hard series against the sleeping giants of rugby league.
Paul Sculthorpe best 13 out there
Cunningham best hooker
Sean long best half back

just a few world beaters to be scared of[/list]

Bengal

Juniors
Yeah the rumplestiltskins of League!

I don't know what anyone else thinks but any win against Australia is good for League - so go you Poms and go Kiwis!

JJ

Immortal
Sculthorpe the best 13??? LMAO - umm, let's see Luke Ricketson, Ben Kennedy, Glenn Morrison, Scott Sattler, Jason Croker, Travis Norton... so I need to go on???

Sena Long best halfback in the world????LMFAO There's a guy called Andrew Johns, plus - Stacey Jones, Craig Gower, Brett Kimmorley, Brett Sherwin, Brett Firman, Matt Orford, Craig Wing (at a pinch)....

Cunningham is actually yery good...but maybe you should have a look at how Craig Wing plays, or Danny Buderus, or the grand final (Luke Priddis), or PJ Marsh, or Hughes, or Riddell, or the kid at Melbourne (sorry Melbourne fans - slipped my mind)

English league is crap - there are a few good players, but the game is slow, the defence is rubbish - it's a good place for old Aussies to play and earn good money, or lazy Kiwis to take a soft option.

dimitri

First Grade
i agree

about keiron cunningham and paul sculthorpe but not sean long

hed be in the top 5 though

In-goal

Bench
English league is crap - there are a few good players, but the game is slow, the defence is rubbish - it's a good place for old Aussies to play and earn good money, or lazy Kiwis to take a soft option

This obviously on the back of your vast experience in the Super League

Anonymous

Juniors
Australia could be reduced to picking Premier League players, but the fact is they are still going to beat that slow paced, boring trash they call English Super League.

Who dominates the game in England? Aussie players, so old it hurts.

And one more thing, what happened last time people thought England had a chance? Thats right 60 something Nil wasn't it?

weasel

First Grade
Paul Sculthorpe is an awesome talent JJ, IMO he has looked one of the finest players on the field in the past three or four tests Great Britain have played against Australia, including the 64-10 loss where I thought his form was the only highlight for the poms. If he was playing in the NRL you wouldn't be doubting his talent but he'd probably be on a packet at Saint Helens so I can't see him coming here.

JJ

Immortal
I don't doubt his talent.

I think he's a very good player. But he is not the best lock in the world - in my opinion, Ben Kennedy is that, by a long way. Sculthorpe to me is at a level similar to Scott Sattler and Glenn Morrison - an outstanding football player.

The guys you mention would all do reasonably well in the NRL, but to suggest they are better than the players down here is a joke.

As has been pointed out, old Aussies and lazy kiwis do very well in the UK. But the week in week out grind of the NRL and the speed of the game here is a different world.

SP

Bench
id like to see GB win the series, it would be great for international league

In-goal

Bench

Yes thats right old Aussies like Richard Horne, Stuart Fielden, Jamie Peacock, Kieth Senior and Paul Sculthorpe.

Seriously if you don't know don't rubbish it, the RSL is a much better competition than it was even last year.

In-goal said:

Yes thats right old Aussies like Richard Horne, Stuart Fielden, Jamie Peacock, Kieth Senior and Paul Sculthorpe.

Seriously if you don't know don't rubbish it, the RSL is a much better competition than it was even last year.

RSL?

The ESL is average at best. I've watched a fair few matches on Foxtel this year and I doubt that any side would be competitive in the NRL. I doubt that many would be competitive in Premier League. They'd have the JB Cup covered though.

The Test is a bit diferent though, the Poms first team against our third team, Kimmorley doing his George Gregan impression at half... It will be closer than it should be.

In-goal

Bench
RSL?

There is no such thing as ESL my friend as the competition has been called the Rugby Super League for some time now.

You will also notice that the Camera angles are different between the NRL and the Super League giving a different asspect of the game.

In-goal said:
RSL?

There is no such thing as ESL my friend as the competition has been called the Rugby Super League for some time now.

You will also notice that the Camera angles are different between the NRL and the Super League giving a different asspect of the game.

Rugby Super League? When did they change that?

Do they wear elbow patches too?

Do they know that it sounds like Rissole?

LOL @ different camera angles giving a differing aspect of the game. You can't hide it by putting the camera 12 feet higher.

It's the place for broken down crocks of the NRL to go and get that big, fat pay cheque for little effort, it's been like that for yonks.

I'm sure they'll put a team on the paddock that will go all right. They do have everything in their favour after all. I hope they are competitive, I don't want to get out of bed at 5am to see another blowout.

I'll put it a different way...

If GB don't win this series, they never will. With effectively a whole Asutralian side unavailable, this has to be their time

Rustay

Juniors
We still have the class to beat the poms reasonably comfortably...but you never know. I think that GB will get a test, but we will win the series. We better anyway!

In-goal

Bench
I'll put it a different way...

If GB don't win this series, they never will. With effectively a whole Asutralian side unavailable, this has to be their time

Well if people are going to judge GB on there Sydney perfomance last year maybe they should have a look at when Bradford thrashed the Knights.

One off matches stand for nothing, there is more quality junior talent coming through the british system now than ever.

Iff some people on here were to read the arcticles on the RSL they would notice the number of has been Australians is droping quickly each year, ok i will admitt there are still a few but players who have strugled in the super league have returned to be good players in the NRL.

JasonE

Bench
Adrian Morley's commented that he couldn't believe the speed and intensity of last weeks semi between Leeds & Wigan

and I watched the NL1 and NL2 Grand Finals last night and they both crapped all over the rubbish we saw in the Premier League and Jim Beam Cup grand finals, they were embarassing.

In-goal

Bench
Hopefully the RFL can sort out the new TV deal so the good work done over the last 8 years can continue on for atleast another 5.

Looks like the GF has already sold out which is a first, not to mention the best attended season ever for the Super League.

knights 2004

Juniors
yeh im a knights supporter and it was stupid wat they did, half their team was out including about 3 austrlaian players, then they picked some debutants, then they flew over that week with no training or any trials. heaps smart...

In-goal

Bench
Yes and when Newcastle played Bradford Henry Paul had just left the club for Union and Robbie was injured before half time.

Latest posts