What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General discussion/ideas future NRL expansion.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
So are nearly 5 million people, or TWENTY times Townsville's population

But using this same logic, if townsville doubled its population to 400,000 people the they would deserve another team.

For a region to get its first team established, it does not demand a massive rugby league following population (Perth, wellington, ect.), but the league will inevitably become more demanding with each new team added to the area.

Its why, even if Cairns reached 300,000 people, they wouldnt get their own team, because Townsville is still accesable to that population.

Its only once a population way out distances a single teams requirements that they would add a new team, which is what has happened in Brisbane but is not even close to happening on the CC.

rednblack

Juniors
The point remains THERE ARE TEN TEAMS ON THE DOORSTEP!

just pointing out the soccer fan's inaccuracies!
If you read that as implying those Sydney teams don't exist, then you need to re-read.

If you want to be picky, how about the doctor's claim that 10 teams are within an hour...
From Gosford, you can get to Newcastle, and MAYBE Parramatta in an hour on a great run. Granted, some others aren't too much further, and I'm not implying there aren't enough teams IN Sydney, but the fact remains, his claim is also false.

I'm just calling out these falsehoods and exaggerations. That Ok with you?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
just pointing out the soccer fan's inaccuracies!
If you read that as implying those Sydney teams don't exist, then you need to re-read.

If you want to be picky, how about the doctor's claim that 10 teams are within an hour...
From Gosford, you can get to Newcastle, and MAYBE Parramatta in an hour on a great run. Granted, some others aren't too much further, and I'm not implying there aren't enough teams IN Sydney, but the fact remains, his claim is also false.

I'm just calling out these falsehoods and exaggerations. That Ok with you?

Ok, then ill try again.

You have 6 teams within any hour and 10 teams within an hour and a half.

Still doesnt really change the argument.

Latest posts