1. Out Now:

The next edition of our exclusive weekly online e-magazine is here. The Front Row is your ideal guide to NRL Round 13 and Super League Round 8, with news, features, results, reports, teamlists, match stats and previews to accompany your weekend of footy viewing ahead.

This week's feature story is a history piece from Andrew Ferguson, with an insight into the life of the man who refereed the first NSWRFL first grade match in 1908 - Ted Hooper.

There's all the regular bits - the crossword and word jumbles, last week's wrap of results, reports, the ladder, stats leaders, match review and player of the year; plus your match program, with teamlists, player stats, head-to-head stats, match info and a full preview of every game of the NRL. There's also a detailed Super League program section.

EDITION 11 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Penrith Panthers' started by OldPanther, Mar 13, 2018.

1. snickers007

snickers007 Juniors

I've got a 7 month old who is shaping up to be a nuggety second rower too.
    She's technically a Souths fan at the moment (lost a bet, girl = Souths, Boy = Panthers), but she'll come round

2. Whino

Whino Juniors

Well done mate.

MugaB and OldPanther like this.
  3. ACTPanthers

ACTPanthers Bench

Had the same deal with my ex-wife - We had a girl (she's 15 now) but as soon as she was old enough to make a decision, she followed Daddy :)

OldPanther and mxlegend99 like this.
  4. mxlegend99

mxlegend99 Referee

My ex was Dragons. Our kids were Panthers no matter what and she ended up a Panther too.

My boys will be 6 and 7 next month. Probably had about 8 or so jerseys between them. I cant let them go without a jersey that fits them.

5. Buzzard Breath

Buzzard Breath Bench

The yak, Tronald Crump and OldPanther like this.
  6. MugaB

MugaB Juniors

Exactly the same with my wife and kids
    She was a Dragons supporter, now Penrith with me and my 2 daughters

mxlegend99 and OldPanther like this.
  7. age.s

age.s First Grade

I'm in a one team household. Not sure how some of you guys manage it.

8. ACTPanthers

ACTPanthers Bench

For me, it's not too bad. Unless our teams are playing (Panthers and Raiders) we generally go for each others teams. The downside is when we do play (especially if Raiders lose), it can get a little heated at times lol. Also, given the boys are my step-kids, they had allegiance to the Raiders before I came along so I was never going to shoehorn the Panthers in there. The girls however, well they have my DNA so they were destined to be Panthers fans :)

age.s and OldPanther like this.
  9. OldPanther

OldPanther Coach

Hey another step-dad! How did the step kicks and biological ones get along?

10. Bob

Bob Juniors

The girls have your DNA, the boys are step kids, does this make you Carol Brady?
    :thinking:

11. Aliceinwonderland

Aliceinwonderland Bench

I'm sure old Panther can do something with this to suit ACT Panthers :p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes::p:p

12. OldPanther

OldPanther Coach

Yeah I could haha.

13. ACTPanthers

ACTPanthers Bench

Brilliantly! The older one (from my previous marriage) is so good with the boys - And the boys absolutely love both their sisters :)

OldPanther likes this.
  14. ACTPanthers

ACTPanthers Bench

Ha ha I never thought about it.... but it's undeniable... Floral dress (normally reserved for Saturday nights) is coming out!!

Aliceinwonderland, Bob and OldPanther like this.
  15. The yak

The yak Juniors

Thanks that was a good listen. Some good stories from Sattler. I didn't know Luke Lewis was dumb back then and Ben Ross very sensitive. I knew MG was mad.

16. Aliceinwonderland

Aliceinwonderland Bench

LOL Lewis still dumb.

MugaB and The yak like this.
  17. Crashtest

Crashtest Juniors

Great to see that Burton, Leniu and Martin have been selected by Fittler in the Emerging Blues squad for this months training camp. The other players Fittler has selected in the ermerging squad have all played a lot more first grade than Burton ane Leniu, so he must think highly of them to select them already.

Cleary is the only Panther selected in the main squad. I’m surprised that Koroisau wasn’t selected. Unless he is on the injured squad at Penrith?

State squads
    NSW BLUES: Payne Haas, Kotoni Staggs (Brisbane), Jack Wighton, Nick Cotric (Canberra), Wade Graham (Cronulla), Cameron McInnes (Dragons), Curtis Sironen (Manly), Tom Trbojevic, Jake Trbojevic (Manly), Josh Addo-Carr, Dale Finucane (Melbourne), David Klemmer, Mitchell Pearce, Daniel Saifiti (Newcastle), Nathan Brown, Blake Ferguson, Clint Gutherson, Ryan Matterson Mitchell Moses (Parramatta), Nathan Cleary (Penrith), Boyd Cordner, Angus Crichton, Luke Keary, Latrell Mitchell, Victor Radley, James Tedesco (Roosters), Damien Cook, Cameron Murray, James Roberts, Cody Walker (Souths), Tyson Frizell, Tariq Sims, Paul Vaughan (St George Illawarra), Luke Brooks (Wests Tigers).

EMERGING BLUES: Emre Guler (Canberra), Bronson Xerri (Cronulla), Reuben Garrick, Jack Gosiewski (Manly), Ryan Papenhuyzen, Curtis Scott (Melbourne), Matt Burton, Spencer Leniu, Liam Martin (Penrith), Nat Butcher, Kyle Flanagan, Sam Verrills (Roosters), Campbell Graham, Liam Knight (Souths).

18. betcats

betcats Coach

Anyone Paying attention to our lower grades last year would’ve noticed Burton early on like a few of us here did, being from the country he was a bit of an unknown prior to that but he had some very impressive games and highlights last year before his nrl debut, then that debut was as classy as you’ll see from a half.

Leniu has been in the blues system for a while his potential would be well known.

19. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

Burton was man of the match in the u20’s Origin then was solid on NRL debut. That alone would get him noticed

20. Kilkenny

Kilkenny First Grade

I think it is a positive thing to have our younger up and comers selected in the emerging squads as it opposes them to outside coaching and experiences they would not necessarily get at club level so that it obviously a good thing.