What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

WestyLife

First Grade
It doesn’t matter what the media think and it matters even less what some think on here, it’s is what the brains trust think is best.

I think , my opinion only, given the way Luke has been used so sparsely , our bench would be stronger by having Peachy as the 14. If Kenny needs a break for 10-15 then Peachy could probably to a decent enough job and provide additional cover for other positions.

So you agree with us. I originally thought it was a great idea to play them like kenny/api in the finals last year but it simply hasn't happened. The club themselves clearly aren't trusting Luke with minutes for their reasons whatever that may be.

Kilkenny

Coach
So you agree with us. I originally thought it was a great idea to play them like kenny/api in the finals last year but it simply hasn't happened. The club themselves clearly aren't trusting Luke with minutes for their reasons whatever that may be.
I am suggesting the experiment is on going.

I am suggesting we don’t need to discard Soni Luke.

At the same time, I agree 100% I don’t understand carrying Soni Luke on the bench currently to play him for 10 minutes when perhaps someone say Tyrone Peachy May offer greater overall utility value.

Iamback

Coach

The 2 hookers only works if you can get decent minutes out one in another position.

Say Luke was getting 30 mins. Kenny could stay in the middle for that time. You could run Salmon or Peachey instead a prop.

As it is now you go in a forward light

age.s

First Grade
I think the main thing to remember is that there probably is a reason, and being so far from what's really going on we're not qualified to say it's a bad decision.

Not saying don't comment mind you, but it does suggest that there's other factors we're not privy to.

Iamback

Coach
I think the main thing to remember is that there probably is a reason, and being so far from what's really going on we're not qualified to say it's a bad decision.

Not saying don't comment mind you, but it does suggest that there's other factors we're not privy to.

Over ruling the star player and rep halves is enough. It wastes any good ball we get. He needs to pick his moments better

4 times on the weekend that I saw. Cleary called for it. It went to a forward. He threw his hands up annoyed

WestyLife

First Grade

100% we may be wrong in our observations from an outside perspective but the end result is still the same. All I can say is I hope Luke kicks on because I had high hopes for him. A dynamic hooker who's also a junior is a dream come true for a club like ours.

WestyLife

First Grade
Over ruling the star player and rep halves is enough. It wastes any good ball we get. He needs to pick his moments better

4 times on the weekend that I saw. Cleary called for it. It went to a forward. He threw his hands up annoyed

For a half cleary usually has a lot of receipts so it makes sense. He likes to control the game.

Kilkenny

Coach

Did you observe this during Soni Luke’s 10 minute cameo?

Iamback

Coach
Did you observe this during Soni Luke’s 10 minute cameo?

1 was early in the game. So that wasn't on Soni

A Cleary juggle from a poor Luke pass lead to w

But the bigger one was at the end

Watch the final 3 mins after Cleary's 2nd 40/20.

the set in particular after the 6 again

2nd tackle Cleary is set on the right calls a play.

Luke does his dummy and runs.

3rd tackle Cleary gets a poor pass from a makeshift hooker. So wastes a tackle throwing to Luai to try something

4th tackle - Luke does the run towards the defence line - which takes time off the reciever then goes short to Eisenhuth

5th tackle - he kicks it straight into the marker

That is when Cleary was going off mostly. Hard to argue you want you star halves getting early quality ball when attacking their line especially.

In the above examples, unless the marker isn't set he is better off just passing straight to a half.

Taking the step then passing cuts down time the halves can do anything, That is the case most times he comes on

Kilkenny

Coach

3rd tackle Cleary gets a poor pass from a makeshift hooker. So wastes a tackle throwing to Luai to try something

4th tackle - Luke does the run towards the defence line - which takes time off the reciever then goes short to Eisenhuth

That is when Cleary was going off mostly. Hard to argue you want you star halves getting early quality ball when attacking their line especially.

In the above examples, unless the marker isn't set he is better off just passing straight to a half.

Taking the step then passing cuts down time the halves can do anything, That is the case most times he comes on
I wasn’t trying to critical, just curious.

WestyLife

First Grade

The good thing is that's stuff experience will help with.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Matt Cameron with continious call team today. Sounds very positive.