What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

DinkyDi

Juniors
The post didn't mention the victim, I can't see how its a serious affront to her.
What I am getting at is this, he should not have put that photo of him, and Ivan, standing side by side, outside the court room. That, alone, could be taken as reference to his case, and his victim. If May had thought this through he could have eliminated any ambiguity.

Munky

Coach
The thing that seems odd to me is that May just had the photo in question ready to go.

He obviously didn't take it so just had it downloaded and saved to be used at some point.

I don't know about anyone else but I typically don't save externally sourced photos of the worst days of my life on my personal devices.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
What I am getting at is this, he should not have put that photo of him, and Ivan, standing side by side, outside the court room. That, alone, could be taken as reference to his case, and his victim. If May had thought this through he could have eliminated any ambiguity.
Exactly right, it was a stupid post which wasn’t clear. The media ran with the worst possible interpretation, which in my opinion, didn’t make much sense.

I actually thought the message was pretty clear.

But he shouldn’t have posted anything.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Exactly right, it was a stupid post which wasn’t clear. The media ran with the worst possible interpretation, which in my opinion, didn’t make much sense.

I actually thought the message was pretty clear.

But he shouldn’t have posted anything.
I think May most likely did not mean to cause offense, however, thinking does not seem to be his thing. Anyway, it seems like the powers to be, may be cutting him loose.

There were a million other photos he could have used with his juvenile quote including him and Ivan with the trophy.

He deliberately set out to invoke recollections of his offending and tell his detractors he had “won” or something to that effect relying on the treasure of the gf.

“the ends justify the means” scenario.

He’s had to take it down, he’s never explained it away himself.

It was an awful, pernicious and rubbish comment.

The victim said it hurt her again as if the first time wasn’t enough.

I mean what the f**k is wrong with this guy?

Anyone who supports this conduct is living in fairy land.

Google what his Panthers Lordship Brandy has had to say about it. He makes my comments look supportive of the bonehead.

Last edited:

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Hi Luke -he had a photo of him and Ivan leaving court during his criminal proceedings with his post at the same time.

So he’s most definitely connecting the event.

He’s not talking about the footy.
He posted a picture of him being supported by his coach whilst he faced the music.

In my opinion, he was attempting to say that he’s come along way since that day and Ivan is a big part of that.

He posted a picture of him being supported by his coach whilst he faced the music.

In my opinion, he was attempting to say that he’s come along way since that day and Ivan is a big part of that.
Hi Luke, most folk had a different interpretation. I explained it above. I think your opinion is optimistic, matter for you of course.

The_Frog

First Grade
Yes you were defending him. That is pathetic, Alice, disgusting in fact. Oh and I didn't ask you to "justify" anything. I was challenged because I put up a different argument. Grow up.
I'm with Alice on this. I think the current carry on both on social and mainstream media is completely out of proportion to what has transpired, and quite ugly to be honest. However, I do support the NRL sanctioning him with a fairly moderate fine, only because he and/or those close to him should have foreseen the outcome. Our society is brim full of those looking for witches to hunt. Israel Folou has gone quiet, so there is a vacuum, and nature abhors a vacuum.

The_Frog

First Grade
Or it could have been a reference to his case, and the darkness it brought to his life, and those who stood by him in those times.

But I do agree with you he should have thought about it and not posted anything, as it was always going to be misconstrued. Not only that, but because of his post, the darkness has now returned with a vengeance.

The trouble with using rather cryptic song lyrics is that people are going to take whatever meaning suits them.

DinkyDi

Juniors
I'm with Alice on this. I think the current carry on both on social and mainstream media is completely out of proportion to what has transpired, and quite ugly to be honest. However, I do support the NRL sanctioning him with a fairly moderate fine, only because he and/or those close to him should have foreseen the outcome. Our society is brim full of those looking for witches to hunt. Israel Folou has gone quiet, so there is a vacuum, and nature abhors a vacuum.
@Aliceinwonderland can live with the fairy's as far as I am concerned. Folou is just a bible munching, homophobe, who just preaches hatred.

The_Frog

First Grade
@Aliceinwonderland can live with the fairy's as far as I am concerned. Folou is just a bible munching, homophobe, who just preaches hatred.
See I have a bit of a problem with this. If I'm to post soomething derogatory about women, gays, or blacks, I will be castigated and my post will be deleted. And rightly so too. But you are able to post in derogatory language about a religious person, and displaying some hatred of your own as well. You do realise this is why the Government is passing laws in this regard. And I'm not especially religious but I do have sympathy for those who are in our society.

Or it could have been a reference to his case, and the darkness it brought to his life, and those who stood by him in those times.

But I do agree with you he should have thought about it and not posted anything, as it was always going to be misconstrued. Not only that, but because of his post, the darkness has now returned with a vengeance.

The trouble with using rather cryptic song lyrics is that people are going to take whatever meaning suits them.
He said “ dirt on my name” he was referring to his detractors.

There are legions of his detractors.

He was convicted of a sex crime, he pled guilty to it.

He deserves detractors.

As a society, we don’t like that stuff.

That’s why it’s a crime.

Last edited:

DinkyDi

Juniors
See I have a bit of a problem with this. If I'm to post soomething derogatory about women, gays, or blacks, I will be castigated and my post will be deleted. And rightly so too. But you are able to post in derogatory language about a religious person, and displaying some hatred of your own as well. You do realise this is why the Government is passing laws in this regard. And I'm not especially religious but I do have sympathy for those who are in our society.
Normally I do not give a toss about religious views, however, I know of people, who were, and I stated were homosexuals, who are now deceased, through suicide. Homophobes brings out a nasty side in me. Also, he blame those fires on homosexuals. Once he was terminated, he sued, and won.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I have given my opinion about the issues with how May is been currently been treated by the media.

I also don't demand that others think or believe the same way as I do. The only person I'm concerned about (in this instance) is myself, and being true to the values I have. IE the person who looks back at me in the mirror each day.

Contining to 'lambast' me for my opinions, doesn't do anything, except to re-enforce how the media (espcially the NRL) hold sway.

What the club chooses to do......I have no flipping idea.

It's the result of the media and their ambulance chasing vigilantees stoking the flames of 'outrage'.

Latest posts