What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

MrBlack

Juniors
He said “ dirt on my name” he was referring to his detractors.

There are legions of his detractors.

He was convicted of a sex crime, he pled guilty to it.

He deserves detractors.

As a society, we don’t like that stuff.

That’s why it’s a crime.
Hi TSP, love your work, keeps the place interesting.

Reality here is that most Panthers fans (not all I'm sure), would be happy for him to be moved on quietly. Others have been moved on for less. He is not a marquee player not even in the top 13. He is cheap and replaceable.

He is, however, best mates with "the chosen one" and as such the club don't want to upset his mojo.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He said “ dirt on my name” he was referring to his detractors.

There are legions of his detractors.

He was convicted of a sex crime, he pled guilty to it.

He deserves detractors.

As a society, we don’t like that stuff.

That’s why it’s a crime.

Yep he pled guilty to a crime....(a sex crime at that). Once punishment is given and served......as a society do we have to right to continue punishment for the term of his natural life. With harrassment, abuse, threats, bile ?

Every person should be able to start anew after a conviction and time served.

If that is the case a person SHOULD be entitled to express their opinions (legally) without the media and public demanding silence.

In this case sadly......I think the vigilantees will hold sway and demand otherwise. Which is wrong on many levels, so wrong.

DinkyDi

Juniors

Reality here is that most Panthers fans (not all I'm sure), would be happy for him to be moved on quietly. Others have been moved on for less. He is not a marquee player not even in the top 13. He is cheap and replaceable.

He is, however, best mates with "the chosen one" and as such the club don't want to upset his mojo.
I would not be so sure about that. Rumor has it that there is a board meeting come up, and his future will be discussed.

Iamback

Coach

I said earlier. Perfect time is when his contract ended not to re-sign him. The club did so. Given the team performance over the last 2 years it certainly didn't hurt team chemistry

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I said earlier. Perfect time is when his contract ended not to re-sign him. The club did so. Given the team performance over the last 2 years it certainly didn't hurt team chemistry

I believe there is another 12month ready to be signed.

Whether this now occurs with the outrage merchants swooping in and around. This contract appears to be clouded.

MrBlack

Juniors
Yep he pled guilty to a crime....(a sex crime at that). Once punishment is given and served......as a society do we have to right to continue punishment for the term of his natural life. With harrassment, abuse, threats, bile ?

Every person should be able to start anew after a conviction and time served.

If that is the case a person SHOULD be entitled to express their opinions (legally) without the media and public demanding silence.

In this case sadly......I think the vigilantees will hold sway and demand otherwise. Which is wrong on many levels, so wrong.

There are crimes against possessions (ie theft) then there are crimes against person.

The latter is judged much harder in the courts of public opinion. Reparations and time served can rarely repay the crime.

Not an opinion either way, just an observation..........

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
There are crimes against possessions (ie theft) then there are crimes against person.

The latter is judged much harder in the courts of public opinion. Reparations and time served can rarely repay the crime.

Not an opinion either way, just an observation..........

Which if you're having a honest discussion is wrong. Very wrong.

Might as well then bring back captial punishment and be done with it.

DinkyDi

Juniors
By the way May is not involved in the above crimes.

I wonder what occurs if it becomes known at a later date an innocent man is killed. Does that means oops sorry about that......?
I am fully aware of that fact. I meant after all avenues of appeal and there is clear cut evidence, i.e. DNA, which linked the accused to the crime. It is that simple.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Wonder if the Judge in May’s case will wonder, “I didn’t have a lot nice things to say about Tyrone was he talking about me in his little rant contrition was part of the nice sentence he got. Might see him again” Biggest fear from suits might be with all the drugs , Covid-19 breaches and other shenanigans NRL might say loosing points is the go. Taking points off premiers would show we are serious.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Folau had 7 houses and he was asking poor people to send him money for his legal case.

An utter duck wit.

His views are trash.

Folau is entitled to his opinions.

What he is NOT entitled to is spread hate speech from his opinions.

Folau asked folks if they WANTED to contribute. He didn't demand, he just asked.

I love Silverdale at the 'broad brush' you use when making generalisation 'poor people'. No He just asked folks if they wanted to contribute.

I think you may have a career opportunity at News corp, or Fox.....Ambulance chasing seems to be 'your' thing.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Wonder if the Judge in May’s case will wonder, “I didn’t have a lot nice things to say about Tyrone was he talking about me in his little rant contrition was part of the nice sentence he got. Might see him again” Biggest fear from suits might be with all the drugs , Covid-19 breaches and other shenanigans NRL might say loosing points is the go. Taking points off premiers would show we are serious.

What a load of twaddle.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I am fully aware of that fact. I meant after all avenues of appeal and there is clear cut evidence, i.e. DNA, which linked the accused to the crime. It is that simple.

In the past their have been grave mistakes made when innocent men have been eithere goaled or killed.

DNA doesn't stop that happening.

DNA can be 'planted' on or near a person.

No It's not that simple.

BxTom

Bench
Good to see somebody doing the comedy relief. Keep up the good work Janet.