What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

soc123_au

Staff member
My Panthers side for Origin period..
1. Edwards
2. Tiny
3. Tago
4. Jenkins
5. Staines
6. Falls
7. SOS
8. Leota
9. Korisau (Unfortunately Cook will get picked)
10. Fish
11. Kiks
12. Martin/C Smith (Marto might get picked)
13. Hopgood
14. Kenny
15. Huth
16. Sorensen
17. Salmon/NSW cup player?

This side is more than capable to see Origin out..last year prepared us..
That side should be good enough to pump the Dogs and Knights easily.

Thats a very big call. I thought he be starting for us by now but he's not really improving like I hoped
I really like the way he is playing this year after a somewhat disappointing 2021; probably the most impactful bench forward in the league.He runs hard, makes good metres both before and after the line and has seemed to have turned a corner on the error front (small sample size on that last one). He hits hard in front on defence as well

Take last night for example; our first try has seen a lot of praise for Yeo’s role. But it was only really possible because Spencer bent the line materially the play before and got a quick play the ball.

It’s no surprise to me that over the past month or so we have pulled away from teams in the last 10-15 mins before the break; the starters start to win the arm wrestle but then Spencer and Sorensen break it open.

I guess I would turn it around. Outside of more minutes, what more do you want from him?

Iamback

Coach
I really like the way he is playing this year after a somewhat disappointing 2021; probably the most impactful bench forward in the league.He runs hard, makes good metres both before and after the line and has seemed to have turned a corner on the error front (small sample size on that last one). He hits hard in front on defence as well

Take last night for example; our first try has seen a lot of praise for Yeo’s role. But it was only really possible because Spencer bent the line materially the play before and got a quick play the ball.

It’s no surprise to me that over the past month or so we have pulled away from teams in the last 10-15 mins before the break; the starters start to win the arm wrestle but then Spencer and Sorensen break it open.

I guess I would turn it around. Outside of more minutes, what more do you want from him?

I think Origin sides are carrying extra players this year in the squads. Leota would be a change of an extended squad position

Leinu should be able to step into those minutes when needed. That is the one fault in his game atm

Smug Panther

First Grade

Minutes, probably more an Ivan issue really. No reason he couldn't start against some weaker sides as we really so far ahead of the pack. Let him rip in and try prove himself

snickers007

Juniors
2020 he was mentioned as just missing selection. Surely Freddy checked that

You would hope so, but due diligence isn't really the NRLs strong suit.

Moss wouldn't let the Blues down. Also wouldn't let the Kiwis or Samoa down either. May have a big decision to make.

WestyLife

First Grade
For those who were interested a bit ago I can't make anymore content. Computer is cactus and need a new video card.

Girds89

Bench
Crazy to think that if teddy goes down the nsw fb spot is between edwards and gutho.

For me edwards is twice the player gutho is.

Some would think the decision to pick gutho is easy but given the number of panthers in the side id think freddy would seriously consider edwards.

Origin is built on defence and i think edwards has shown time and time again hes the best defensive fb in the game.

By that i mean he cleans up kicks, makes try savers, directs the defence and is every where at the back better than any other fb.

WestyLife

First Grade
Crazy to think that if teddy goes down the nsw fb spot is between edwards and gutho.

For me edwards is twice the player gutho is.

Some would think the decision to pick gutho is easy but given the number of panthers in the side id think freddy would seriously consider edwards.

Origin is built on defence and i think edwards has shown time and time again hes the best defensive fb in the game.

By that i mean he cleans up kicks, makes try savers, directs the defence and is every where at the back better than any other fb.

It should be Edwards after tedesco and I don't think that's my Panther bias. Defence will win an origin and he's the best defensive fullback right now.

Iamback

Coach
Incredible to think that Edwards is probably the only player in our starting 13 that won't be playing in the World Cup this year. Surely he's got a long lost Scottish uncle or something.

If they include Staines. The whole backline including Luai can make up Samoa's backline

snickers007

Juniors
If they include Staines. The whole backline including Luai can make up Samoa's backline

Deadset, the Panthers boys in the backs, Leota and Leniu up front. Jayd'n Sua, Junior Paulo. They'd go real well.

Unfortunately we'll see Aus and NZ take all the great Samoan players, and then leave them on the bench for the important games. :mad: