What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Kilkenny

Coach
I find it fascinating how many media pundits still have three or four fullbacks in front of Dylan Edwards Including Kayln Ponga. If Latrell is somewhat of a myth I don’t know what that says about Ponga.

I find it fascinating how many media pundits still have three or four fullbacks in front of Dylan Edwards Including Kayln Ponga. If Latrell is somewhat of a myth I don’t know what that says about Ponga.
Agreed. Ponga seems to only turn up play to his pay grade during Origin.

The media paint the picture of an almost god-like effigy of Ponga every year when Origin comes around and, yes, he does play well. However, I’m sure this would be of extremely little comfort to Newcastle who actually pay his handsome wage……..and rightly expect a return of investment.

Fangs

Coach
Dylan very unlucky to miss out on WC selection.

Cleary, Martin and Yeo (VC) in the squad.

Fangs

Coach
Mal is a QLD centric dill. He is the poster boy as to why selection panels used to be a thing.

While I agree on the bias I found the reasoning behind Edwards' non-selection to be fair.

Unfortunately he is victim of his own brilliance. So good at fullback that Penrith have never really given him a chance at another position in first grade (Apart from his debut on the wing). I'm sure he would be a fine winger or centre but we haven't seen it.

It might also ice Cleary out of the 17 if he goes with DCE. Personally I'd include him on the bench but Hunt has runs on the board as a 9 and 7.

soc123_au

Staff member
While I agree on the bias I found the reasoning behind Edwards' non-selection to be fair.

Unfortunately he is victim of his own brilliance. So good at fullback that Penrith have never really given him a chance at another position in first grade (Apart from his debut on the wing). I'm sure he would be a fine winger or centre but we haven't seen it.

It might also ice Cleary out of the 17 if he goes with DCE. Personally I'd include him on the bench but Hunt has runs on the board as a 9 and 7.
I'd agree until he threw up Holmes and Fatrell being fullback backup. Neither are rep quality fullbacks. Also moving either weakens centre, Campbell Graham? f**k me. Better off leaving the serial killer at home at taking Dyl. If they took Hynes instead of Graham and Dyl missed out I could understand it, still a gun fullback and covers other positions well. That still leaves Burton as a backup centre.

Fangs

Coach
I'd agree until he threw up Holmes and Fatrell being fullback backup. Neither are rep quality fullbacks. Also moving either weakens centre, Campbell Graham? f**k me. Better off leaving the serial killer at home at taking Dyl. If they took Hynes instead of Graham and Dyl missed out I could understand it, still a gun fullback and covers other positions well. That still leaves Burton as a backup centre.

Campbell-Graham isn't a great selection I agree.

Latest posts