What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Munky

Coach
Those graphs are fkd, there a couple that have the image round the wrong way, yes is no, no is yes, i thought there was editors working at newspapers, wtf do they do all day

All media organisations have gotten rid of sub editors to cut costs.

Writers will naturally not notice their own mistakes since they see what they think they wrote.

snickers007

Juniors
I was slothing on the lounge yesterday to try and escape the heat, and noticed Kayo had a 'Best of the Penrith Panthers' marathon. 7 hours of highlights from our history.

The first game was the 1991 Grand Final, and they showed some stats at halftime - which really highlighted to me how different the game is today.
Total tackle count at half-time was 76 vs 72.
For comparison, the total tackle count in the 2023 Grand Final was 311 v 367 - over 2x the amount of tackles for the whole game.
So many scrums and stoppages.

Just on the game itself, we had no right to win that game. The Raiders team was absolutely stacked. Gary Belcher tore us to shreds multiple times, but our scramble defense was immense. Throw in MG's sin-binning, and the absolute butchered try when Daley stripped the ball from Izzard who was over for all money, and we shouldn't have been close to them.

And despite having seen that match at least a dozen times, I still got goosebumbs when MG burst onto that short drop-out and put Roycie over for the win.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Gee Sauce is doing well with his podcast 'Let's Trot'. Watching him on U tube interview a bloke called Russell Manser'.

It's worth a view.

Fascinating.

Sime_11

Juniors
hypothetical question?

if we kept all the players we lost in previous years (Api, Kikau, Critta, Burto etc).

1. Do we still do the #3peat?
2. How many GF's in a row do you genuinely think we win with our absolute best squad from 2020-2023? (no Salary cap issues etc)

Chins get the wins

First Grade
hypothetical question?

if we kept all the players we lost in previous years (Api, Kikau, Critta, Burto etc).

1. Do we still do the #3peat?
2. How many GF's in a row do you genuinely think we win with our absolute best squad from 2020-2023? (no Salary cap issues etc)
We win far easier with Api I know that.

Munky

Coach
another 2022 repeat performance? agree with that - we were so good to watch that game - really strange feeling at HT feeling that we were already home, but come out and do the job again

If Cleary wasn't ten cm short they put fifty on.

Still disappointed it didn't happen.

murraymob

Coach
Well Kenny has a breath notice be interesting if any suspension comes of it .Any and he miss the World Cup game