What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Genuine Local Juniors ?

innsaneink

Referee
i dont know where your thinking mateo came from.....along with inu as well
Drawing a long bow I know, I thought Inu was from Cambo...I might be thinking of Hayne, played for a time with Wests Jnrs, Mateo spent some time with balmain jnrs- dundas shamrocks, his early years. Wallace spent a year or two in balmain too ...carlingford cougars

t-ba

Post Whore
For the gold Coast, its hard becuase we went though a period where the comp here was Group 18, so in that case i spose we have

Lafranci, ODwyer, Atkins, Rogers, all i can think of.

If we could buy back the farm, we could add, Benji, Hannett, j.Smith, Steve Micheals, Boyd, to name a few.

BS. Scholarship player with PBC or Keebra Park. Came over when he was like 16.

t-ba

Post Whore
Is Mitch Pearce the first Norths Junior since Florimo to be selected for SoO?

dubby

Bench
If you're talking about players from the clubs local area the raiders would have:

Todd Carney
Troy Thomson
Terry Campese
Trever Thurling
Lincoln Withers
Joel Monaghan

We developed:

Justin Carney
David Milne
Bronx Goodwin (thats debatable tho)
Mick Weyman
Joe Picker
Adrian Purtell
Phil Graham

from rural NSW towns

plus more.

ACT has bred:

Brent Kite
Mark Bryant
Simon Woolford

Thats all off my head, so the ACT Monaro region does pretty good without the large population of the bigger areas like Newcastle or even Woollongong

Encurly

Juniors
Thats all off my head, so the ACT Monaro region does pretty good without the large population of the bigger areas like Newcastle or even Woollongong

Hmm - the ACT (324K) is not that much smaller than Illawarra (394K). Throw in 45K from the Queanbeyan region and it gets even closer. The Hunter (589K) is a fair bit bigger than either.

Situation actually reverses when you look at Canberra (323K) versus Wollongong (263K). Newcastle (493K) is once again a fair bit bigger.

Snoz

Juniors
If you're talking about players from the clubs local area the raiders would have:

Todd Carney
Troy Thomson
Terry Campese
Trever Thurling
Lincoln Withers
Joel Monaghan

We developed:

Justin Carney
David Milne
Mick Weyman
Joe Picker
Adrian Purtell
Phil Graham

from rural NSW towns

plus more.

ACT has bred:

Brent Kite
Mark Bryant
Simon Woolford

bryant is a cootamundra junior, woolford a young junior, carney from goulburn - and i think there is some doubt on weyman (sth coast)& goodwin

dubby

Bench
apologies on Bryant but he could be put under the "developed from rural NSW group" which the raiders do quite well; Woolford, Weyman and Goulbourn plays in the Canberra comp so you could argue Goulbourn is part of the Raiders locals.

Riverina is considered Raiders backyard, although the Storm could lay claim to it if they tried.

Brookie

Juniors

Todd Carney
Troy Thomson
Terry Campese
Trever Thurling
Lincoln Withers
Joel Monaghan

We developed:

Justin Carney
David Milne
Mick Weyman
Joe Picker
Adrian Purtell
Phil Graham

from rural NSW towns

plus more.

ACT has bred:

Brent Kite
Mark Bryant
Simon Woolford

michael robertson is ACT bred too

You forgot Mick Monaghan Dubby.

Ben Cross is from batemans bay but played for Queenbeyan Blues so we can claim him. Also if we're claiming Goodwin we can claim Phil Graham & William Zillman as Raiders Jrs too.

The Nature Boy

Juniors
Penrith hasRooneyLewisJenningsSammutTony PuletuaFrank PuletuaWaterhouseRodneyDanielaGrantMoorsPauloGrahamWesser from Qld but came thru junior grades Swain now at Gold coastJoel Clinton Started at Penrith then went to Parra and back to PenrithDanny GaleaBen RogersSteve Turner

Latest posts