What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Geography/demography of NRL club support

duylm

Juniors
Here on the Central Coast, heaps of Souths, Wests, and logically Manly & Newcastle fans. I presume the Souths and Tigers is due to migration for more affordable living / property prices.

shinobi

Juniors
I live near Olympic Park in Sydney (land of the drive bys) so its pretty much Dogs territory followed by Eels and Tigers.

Being a Warriors supporter i do notice a lot of our support comes from the west (Parra, St Marys, Mt Druitt, Guildford, Merrylands, Belmore, Bankstowns etc) due to their being a higher concentration of migrants from NZ. Also heaps from around Hurstville/Banskia/Blakehurst etc.

bobmar28

Bench
[/B]

You sure it's not West Coast Eagles livery?????

Definitely Eels. They have posters of Hindy and Hayne.

That address again for hungry Eels fans...Corner of Woodville Rd and Louis st Merrylands.

Last edited:

H.H

Juniors
If Manly has the most geographically condensed supporter base, Easts would have the most geographically diverse IMO.

Demographically, the East has changed like no other area in Sydney, with the old school from the '80's and earlier largely moved on. I know there is strong support for our club in the Central Coast, Newcastle as well as the Gold Coast. More than you would think in Sydney's West too...

I myself am in that very situation, forced to move to the Shire as I could not afford to buy in the East. My 2 girls are already mad Roosters and I know a couple of other families in the same boat that are Rooster members.

As for our name, no arguments here that it needs to go back to Easts. Never been happy with Sydney (City).

RedVee

First Grade
In campbelltown the majority (all be it slim) are tigers fans. (and alot of them were Balmain fans before the merger)

Have a lot of dogs and parra fans.

A fair few roosters, broncos and dragons fans.

And a small amount of storm fans.

I was talking to a guy at work about this. I suggested Campbelltown was mostly Tigers, Saints, Bulldogs, Parra and probably Souths.
With a goodly number of Roosters, and a surprising amount of Bronco, Storm and Warrior shirts getting around.

So pretty much the same as your post.

azza18

Juniors
I live in the blue mountains, and several people support penrith. The older ones generally dont though, and theres a mix of souths, parra and roosters among others. Its a shame because up here, AFL seems to be more popular among people my age and younger.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Up where I'm originally from (northern NSW/New England) the bulk of support tended towards the Broncos (nearest club geographically), the Eels, and the Dragons. Older population would explain the Dragons love, as they'd have been in their red hot streak when they were younger.

Here in my city in China? Four Newie fans, a Sharks fan, and a Titans fan are all I've found so far. All Aussies, obviously.

Stormsally

Juniors
Only occasionally see any NRL jerseys on the street just as many Queensland soo jerseys. The most obvious non storm supporters in Melbourne are Warriors then Broncos. These are the games where we get opposition fans disbursed in the crowd. Next would be st George. I remember about 10 years ago some storm players came to our local junior rl club after they had been beaten by the warriors and all the kiwi kids were giving them a hard time.

Latest posts