What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Georeg Rose to be released by Storm

Apparently wants out and they won't stand in his way. Have heard this over the last few days and see it's also in todays SMH. Rumours are he is off the Newcastle as Uncle Wayne wants him to replace Packer. In any case it appears he will be on the market shortly, not sure if he would make an impact off our bench, but apparently he is super fit. I say throw a contract at him for the rest of the season and see what he can do.

St Georgio

Juniors
Uncle Wayne can have him and can have his ex assistant coach too.
Saints need to find a Jeremy Smith and a Brian Smith.

Last edited:

gonz

Juniors
Uncle Wayne can have him and can have his ex assistant coach too.
Saints need to find a Jeremy Smith and a Brian Smith.

His got more dent in him in his 10min spells than more than
half our pack.

You'd rather hunt over rose? Spare me if so

pinkmoon

Juniors
He was dynamic for Manly at the back end of last year and played well in all the finals and the GF. I can tell that some of you watch Dragons games and nothing else; that's all well and good, but then don't pass on your uneducated opinions on players from other clubs.

St Georgio

Juniors
He was dynamic for Manly at the back end of last year and played well in all the finals and the GF. I can tell that some of you watch Dragons games and nothing else; that's all well and good, but then don't pass on your uneducated opinions on players from other clubs.
:lol:

TheRev

First Grade
The fact that he didnt cope at Melbourne could say something about his worth ethic..

Hes far from my first choice, though we do need someone.. id rather someone more high-profile, with more stamina.

Minh

First Grade
He's an under rated player, at least he can bend the defensive line. Not a bad player.

BennyV

Referee

Dude are you actually a Manly supporter? I swear I've seen you bang on about Glen Stewart like he's Billy Slater, and now claiming that George Rose was dynamic at anything outside of a breakfast buffet is laughable!
He was a cult figure at Manly, nothing more, and a fairly grubby one at that. Bent the line once or twice a game at best, lazy in defense and prone to sooky cheap shots. The fans loved him because he is charasmatic and beefy, but he'd be well down the pecking order if he came here.

dragonreddy

Juniors
The sad part about all of these comments is that we are in such a position that every time a foward ...any forward is mentioned we are hoping to get them and usually dont FMD HOWD WE END UP HERE we used to churn the fowards out develop them and then every other club poached em in reverse now big time.

Dude are you actually a Manly supporter? I swear I've seen you bang on about Glen Stewart like he's Billy Slater, and now claiming that George Rose was dynamic at anything outside of a breakfast buffet is laughable!
He was a cult figure at Manly, nothing more, and a fairly grubby one at that. Bent the line once or twice a game at best, lazy in defense and prone to sooky cheap shots. The fans loved him because he is charasmatic and beefy, but he'd be well down the pecking order if he came here.

BennyV, love your description of charismatic and beefy. pinkmoon is a Manly supporter so it is no surprise he is talking up big fat George.