What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

George Burgess

Rhyno

First Grade
admitted last night on the footy show he threw than punch/elbow knowing he would get suspended and wouldn't have to go to Townsville and miss the birth of his child

callmack1

Staff member
admitted last night on the footy show he threw than punch/elbow knowing he would get suspended and wouldn't have to go to Townsville and miss the birth of his child
That's not quite what he said. He just said it worked well in a funny way.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
what george did was bloooody stupid i hope he was fined the stupid git he let souths and his team mates and fans down wake up george burgess that was very unprofessional....Shadow...

ThingFish

Juniors
For a lot of footballers married life and kids matures them off the field and their league improves. Sutton and Bully are good examples. Married life and kids has turned all Burgie into big soft pussies.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
For a lot of footballers married life and kids matures them off the field and their league improves. Sutton and Bully are good examples. Married life and kids has turned all Burgie into big soft pussies.
images

greg jay

Juniors
The twins should be cut. Immediately. Ditto for Inglis. Crowe is most likely demanding their retention based on emotion and memories. Bottom line is this: In Salary Cap football if those absorbing large chunks of the Cap fail to win the team games on a REGULAR basis then CUT THEM. Sam should be next to be put on notice. He just does NOT win the team games and yet he absorbs a huge chunk of the Salary Cap. That is a very poor equation and recipe for heading to the bottom.

Pommy

Coach
The twins should be cut. Immediately. Ditto for Inglis. Crowe is most likely demanding their retention based on emotion and memories. Bottom line is this: In Salary Cap football if those absorbing large chunks of the Cap fail to win the team games on a REGULAR basis then CUT THEM. Sam should be next to be put on notice. He just does NOT win the team games and yet he absorbs a huge chunk of the Salary Cap. That is a very poor equation and recipe for heading to the bottom.

The problem is they have contracts so you can't just cut people.

southsport

First Grade

You're going a bit over the top Greg, players can't be cut immediately.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Cut Sam and watch the team win the wooden spoon in 2018. We need one marquee player if Greg Inglis is going.

greg jay

Juniors
How many games has Sam Burgess through leadership and sheer committment .. Again I ask anyone.... How many games has this guy helped the team win since he returned on a Million Sovs p.a??? From 2016 on. How many? Can YOU name them because quite frankly I will struggle to list beyond 3-4 and that is simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE SALARY CAP QUANTUM that Burgess is absorbing. Sam is very poor Salary Cap value and when I cut Inglis I would next target Sam unless he starts heavily contributing to the team winning games REGULARLY. Fact is the team is Now SINKING. Why have a so called "marquee player" ... that leads hos team to LOSSES REGULARLY?? Where is the guy's LEADERSHIP and where is Sam as a LEADER OF MEN???. I dont see it. He does not seem bothered about losing so why keep such a "marquee player." Who cares if the team runs 14 or 16?? Who cares so what??? Where is the ACCOUNTABILITY for Sam and for that matter Maguire as a Head Coach??

callmack1

Staff member
How many games has Sam Burgess through leadership and sheer committment .. Again I ask anyone.... How many games has this guy helped the team win since he returned on a Million Sovs p.a??? From 2016 on. How many? Can YOU name them because quite frankly I will struggle to list beyond 3-4 and that is simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE SALARY CAP QUANTUM that Burgess is absorbing. Sam is very poor Salary Cap value and when I cut Inglis I would next target Sam unless he starts heavily contributing to the team winning games REGULARLY. Fact is the team is Now SINKING. Why have a so called "marquee player" ... that leads hos team to LOSSES REGULARLY?? Where is the guy's LEADERSHIP and where is Sam as a LEADER OF MEN???. I dont see it. He does not seem bothered about losing so why keep such a "marquee player." Who cares if the team runs 14 or 16?? Who cares so what??? Where is the ACCOUNTABILITY for Sam and for that matter Maguire as a Head Coach??
Welcome to the forums.

You're kidding right? You have to be. Get rid of Sam? He's our best forward by a mile. Lose him and we are fully stuffed. Sorry but that's just crazy!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

?? Your logic makes absolutely zero sense. Sam constantly berates the players about their performances. Did you not watch the roosters game? Sam looked like he was about to cry at half time because he was the only one putting in any effort. Sam is a player that obviously leads through his own performances which maybe isn't great but he's doing a much better job at stepping up than anyone else in our team. His stats this year have been awesome. He played much better than taumololo did on the weekend who is actually going to be on 1 million dollars next year. He puts in ridiculous amounts of minutes in a position that a lot of players can't handle for more than 40 minutes. The guy plays his absolute heart out every game but the fact of the matter is he can't change games because he's a forward you git. He can only work as hard as he can through the middle which he does every game and does it much better than all of our forwards. Comparing Thurston to Sam Burgess is one of the dumbest things I've seen on this forum. Thurston is a halfback who's literal job is to control and change games. what did our halfback do on the weekend that actually benefited our team? I'm just curious?...

greg jay

Juniors
Learn from Crafty Belichick and Bill Cowher. WINNING football is all about PRODUCTION and NOT emotion or playing fan favourites. As a leader how does Sam compare to say Thurston or Cameron Smith two guys who are several years OLDER than is Sam? How does he rate in comparison because for the SALARY CAP SPACE Sam is eating up he can only be evaluated properly by comparing him to the game's best two leaders on teams who WIN CONSISTENTLY. And again, both Thurston and Smith are near the end and OLDER than is Sam.

greg jay

Juniors
Let the facts do the talking. Sam is absorbing Salary Cap space that has an exchange value worth probably two to three high quality starters. Perhaps two good aggressive young forwards and a good outside back or fullback. At least. That is what his exchange value is if Souths got rid of him. What does that do for the team's performances and probability of returning to the top? It constitutes emotion free smart football nous that's what. I have been amazed at the BIG NAMES both Bill Belichick and Bill Cowher have cut over a period of years and STILL their teams are in Championship games or Super Bowls. Amazing and great team MANAGEMENT. Fact is Souths are POORLY MANAGED and based more on EMOTION/BONEHEADNESS than Football Savvy and Nous. Keep the faith if you want that is your right but I stand by the evidence I have SEEN in Belichick and Bill Cowher. If a team's Cap is lumbered by Big Name players and the team is SINKING the correct policy is terminate them - GET RID OF THEM - and allow other teams to LOSE paying them a Million Pounds p.a

Latest posts