What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

George Burgess

Dragon David

First Grade
Pro's - Been out of the NRL for a while so would be refreshed and "hungrier" to succeed.

Cons - Been out of the NRL for a while so can he adapt to the Vlandys rules, especially after surgeries.
Let's hope that he can hold onto the ball for an entire game. He is a goer and I suspect that before he signs with us our medical/fitness people will give him a thorough going over.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Just informal talks at the moment. George wants 12 months post op to get back to his best. That would be May 2022.

George Dragon

Juniors

He said, ‘I just want to train like everyone else trains’.

“That is what he was looking forward to the most, because he hadn’t been able to do it for five or six seasons.”

Griffin said Burgess had shown tremendous perseverance while recovering from the life-changing hip surgery, and was now at the stage where he was doing a lot of agility running over short distances and some hill climbs.

He said at this stage it was not about conditioning but to continue Burgess’s rehab to hopefully have him ready to join the main squad for pre-season training before Christmas.

“He has been back five or six weeks and he is going well,” Griffin said.

George Burgess showed tremendous perseverance while recovering from the life-changing hip surgery. Picture: Brett Costello

George Burgess showed tremendous perseverance while recovering from the life-changing hip surgery. Picture: Brett Costello
“I watched him train (on Tuesday) and, gee, he is moving really well.

“He is really motivated and positive. He said he has never felt better

blacksafake

First Grade

“That is what he was looking forward to the most, because he hadn’t been able to do it for five or six seasons.”

Griffin said Burgess had shown tremendous perseverance while recovering from the life-changing hip surgery, and was now at the stage where he was doing a lot of agility running over short distances and some hill climbs.

He said at this stage it was not about conditioning but to continue Burgess’s rehab to hopefully have him ready to join the main squad for pre-season training before Christmas.

Good signs.
Thanks @George Dragon

Dragon David

First Grade

Motivation and a very positive attitude will get George Burgess in tip top condition and ready to fire next year. If he can run like a runaway express as he did for the Bunnies, we will have a winner. If he can also do the defensive work that would help no end.

be55

Juniors
Let's just hope along with fixing his hip, he's also fixed his tendency to stick his fingers in opposition players eyes...hopefully he's gotten that shit out of his game too...we already have one player who spends more time suspended than playing, we don't need another one.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Just optimistic that he can provide us with some good value coming from the bench. We’ve badly lacked size in recent years and if can give us some of the bull charges…, well could be very welcome and advantageous in creating room for our young backs to do their thing.

Gareth67

First Grade
Jumping Jack wabbits , I have seen some broken noses in my life ( even have one myself ) but the snorter that Georgie is sporting takes the prize . When the team photograph is taken I think it best not to have him alongside of Josh McGuire ! 😲

Last edited: