What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

George Burgess

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Let's just hope along with fixing his hip, he's also fixed his tendency to stick his fingers in opposition players eyes...hopefully he's gotten that shit out of his game too...we already have one player who spends more time suspended than playing, we don't need another one.

At least we can have one available each week possibly😂 McGuire has had a few suspensions but I will say I have yet to see him do something genuinely grubby in a red V. And to be fair he had a bit of bad luck especially around the blitz with one that crept high. Let’s hope he can keep shedding the grub tendencies while wearing the V and play more than he misses because while available he will be very handy.

be55

Juniors
At least we can have one available each week possibly😂 McGuire has had a few suspensions but I will say I have yet to see him do something genuinely grubby in a red V. And to be fair he had a bit of bad luck especially around the blitz with one that crept high. Let’s hope he can keep shedding the grub tendencies while wearing the V and play more than he misses because while available he will be very handy.
I think at times this year McGuire was very good for us, but his biggest problem is his rap sheet. If he even looks at an opposition player the wrong way the judiciary look to suspend him, and that's because of his poor record.

Burgess will be in the same boat. Like the article i posted says, he showed a pattern of deliberate behaviour. I would have thought that he would have learned his lesson after the 1st conviction but he went back a second time and did exactly the same thing and copped a massive suspension.

Hopefully he has finally learned his lesson, because if he can get back to full fitness, i think he could be very good for us. He could supply that real go forward we have been lacking for so long.

But if he does anything like that again, not only will it be an embarrassment to our jersey, but to say the judiciary would come down on him like a tonne of bricks would be an understatement...

Time will tell...

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I think at times this year McGuire was very good for us, but his biggest problem is his rap sheet. If he even looks at an opposition player the wrong way the judiciary look to suspend him, and that's because of his poor record.

Burgess will be in the same boat. Like the article i posted says, he showed a pattern of deliberate behaviour. I would have thought that he would have learned his lesson after the 1st conviction but he went back a second time and did exactly the same thing and copped a massive suspension.

Hopefully he has finally learned his lesson, because if he can get back to full fitness, i think he could be very good for us. He could supply that real go forward we have been lacking for so long.

But if he does anything like that again, not only will it be an embarrassment to our jersey, but to say the judiciary would come down on him like a tonne of bricks would be an understatement...

Time will tell...
I definitely agree with you and both have had chequered pasts. But I can only judge them on what they do wearing our hallowed jersey. If they gouge eyes or finger someone’s arse wearing a red v I’ll be the first to condemn them.

possm

Coach
He will most likely sign an incentive based 1 year contract

Minimum wage plus bonuses for games

Win win in my opinion
I'd like to see all NRL players on an incentive contract:
Minimum wage
+ for games played in first grade
+ for a win
= about what they are on now if they play every first grade game and win every match.

Sit back and watch the improvement.

denis preston

First Grade
Minimum wage
+ for a win
= about what they are on now if they play every first grade game and win every match.

Yes Poss, only possible in the years before player managers and players union. Whilst that would be ideal the clubs themselves have created this one way contract mess by offering ridicules contract amounts and conditions.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Minimum wage
+ for a win

This is an absolutely terrible idea and impossible to implement. Clubs are every bit as scheming and underhanded as player managers so what would basically be happening here is stripping rights away from workers (with a far more limited career span than most industries) who are employed by a multi million dollar club. A simple fact gets lost around here and that's that the vast, vast majority of NRL players are not superstars and do not have cushy media gigs waiting for them. If the club enters a contract and the player loses form, well shit happens, contracts are there to protect employees far more than their employers. That much power in the hands of clubs has bad idea written all over it.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Minimum wage
+ for a win

Corey Norman would still be shit and he’d have no place to live and nothing to eat

Dracarys

Juniors
Imagine if he got tackled and his leg came off.
Tom's had the same operation and they'll be able to swap out old for new. It's new tech and the NRL have already signed off on it.
It's a twin thing. Max and Matt are interested apparently.
Alas too late for the Morris boys.

Tom's had the same operation and they'll be able to swap out old for new. It's new tech and the NRL have already signed off on it.
It's a twin thing. Max and Matt are interested apparently.
Alas too late for the Morris boys.
Ha ha.
It seems high risk to me.
But you say it has been OKd by the NRL.

For his well being (especially) and the Dragons, I hope it succeeds.

Latest posts