What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Germ in real strife

aussies1st

Staff member
Roy Rover said:
If there was ever a case of round up the usual suspects!?!

I would say those 3 guys are the most suspended players in the league of course behind the king of suspension hoopa. Wiki wouldnt be too far behind them either.

Gafa to 7, he will save us!!!!!

As to the tackle, as said it would of been applauded a year or two ago as a good solid tackle. But a line had to be drawn and the line has been crossed. It is a 3 week offence, that see's it go to 6 due to past offences(6 in the last 2 years....). Bring on the Gaff!!!

Earl

Coach
You canberra fans are f**king idiots if you think Woolford made a good tackle.

I recall Stephen Kearney making a similar tackle a few years back that cost Jarrod McCraken his career.

Simon Woolford is lucky that Billy Slater didn't land on his head.

He is lucky to get 8 weeks.

Raider Azz

Bench
f**k off Earl you troll. Not once have I seen you post something constructive in this forum.

Back in your hole :arrow:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Earl said:

I recall Stephen Kearney making a similar tackle a few years back that cost Jarrod McCraken his career.

BWAHAHAHAH
Compairing Germs tackle with the Steven Kearney one... Earls credibility is :arrow: GOOOOOOOOOOOOORN

greeneyed

First Grade
Woolford deserves to be suspended, IMO. He has a bad record and the tackle went beyond the horizontal. I remember deriding the Roosters for their excuses on the Finch tackle on Schifcofske. Finch deserved suspension, and the fact that the judiciary fell for that rubbish set of excuses (ie the tackled player asked for it!.... he squirmed this way or that!... the tackled player brought it on himself by falling strangely!) doesn't make Woolford's tackle any better. I predicted 6 weeks for it on another site, and this has been the result. I am not at all surprised.

greeneyed

First Grade
The sooner Woolford surrenders the captaincy and goes to England, the better it will be for the club. We simply can't afford for the captain to be off the field for half the season on suspension, due to repeated tackling infringements. And then when he is on the field he is getting up the ref's nose and bringing an avalanche of penalties against us.

ausraider

Juniors
greeneyed said:
The sooner Woolford surrenders the captaincy and goes to England, the better it will be for the club. We simply can't afford for the captain to be off the field for half the season on suspension, due to repeated tackling infringements. And then when he is on the field he is getting up the ref's nose and bringing an avalanche of penalties against us.

Greeneyed I think you are bit too harsh on Simon.I thought that was a good tackle that started good and ended up looking bad because Slater twisted his body.This could happen to anyone and unfortunately it's our Simon.Though I don't agree with the kind of suspension he is looking at for a damm good tackle.Thats my opinion anyway.:)

Earl said:

Dear goodness, what hole did you crawl out of? I don't think anyone says it's a good tackle, infact most agree a suspension is what is in order. However, the point being made is this type of tackle, the pick up and drive, used to be seen as a good solid tackle. Slater did NOT land on his head, he landed on his Shoulder. But as I said in my above post, the line has been drawn, and woolford crossed it. Now, back into your hole. :arrow:

Macca_

Coach
He'll get it downgraded won't he? No point taking it on the chin, may as well save some carry over points for next time...

Funnily enough the judicary is being spoken about over on the eels forum for some reason :D and I mentioned about Woolfords 6 weeks. Some here said it to, it's his record that has him in trouble. To be honest, it does work in the sense that the more you get on report, the more you get penalised.

I agree though, 6 weeks on the surface for that, is harsh. Unfortunate for Simon, he has been there a bit in the past.

Would Withers go to 9 and Carney/Campese go to 6 with Smith at 7?

Macca_

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Woolford deserves a suspension, but 6 weeeks is too much.

I really wish the guy would stop getting himself reported, though.

Paullyboy

Coach
Its gotten to the point where he has to step down as captain. I appreciate the work Woolford has done as a Raider but he is nothing short of a nuisance to the flow of the team by spending probably about half the season on the bench suspended. Its causing Canberra more trouble than he's worth.

Dont get me wrong Im so greatful for Woolfords contribution over the years, but at the moment all he is doing is hurting us with these constant suspensions.

And for the record I thought the tackle was fine too - but of course the judiciary wont see that. The thing that hurts most is that Barrett's coward punch was exactly the same as Danny Williams and yet he'll get absolutely nothing while Woolford will miss ages because of a good solid tackle.

Macca_

Coach
Paullyboy said:
And for the record I thought the tackle was fine too - but of course the judiciary wont see that. The thing that hurts most is that Barrett's coward punch was exactly the same as Danny Williams and yet he'll get absolutely nothing while Woolford will miss ages because of a good solid tackle.

I agree to a certain extent Paully, however with the precedent that the judicary has set this season regarding the 'lifting' tackle, he had to go. I think it's a bit over the top the way it is now, but think we can all agree that it is dangerous. Regardless of who's at fault.

Macca_

aussies1st

Staff member
I heard Elliot talking on the news that he and his coaching staff have tried to get woolford to learn to tackle lower but everynow and then it seems to creep up and bang hes pinged for supension again.

Raider Crusader

Juniors
Kinda off-topic, but this photo looks like Schiff's about the unload on Orford's head with a big right-hook...

Orford_M_5070901_M.jpg
1x1.gif
1x1.gif

Macca_

Coach
Raider Crusader said:
Kinda off-topic, but this photo looks like Schiff's about the unload on Orford's head with a big right-hook...
1x1.gif

Was he trying to steal the ball one on one and his hand looks like that after pulling at the ball? Orford has spun the other way as Clinton tried to rake it out... I seem to remember him trying to take it off someone during the game, that's probably it...

Macca_

BAY72

Juniors
woodgers said:
Cronulla prop Jason Stevens, Canberra hooker Simon Woolford and Sydney Roosters backrower Michael Crocker have been charged with dangerous throws. Even with an early guilty plea, Raiders skipper Woolford will miss six matches for his grade two offence.

6 matches for that? What a complete joke this points system is. So a good driving tackle receives the same suspension as an eye gouge?
I heard on the radio news today that only Woolord is going to be charged after this weekends games. I didn't see the other tackles but I cant't see him getting off at all now.