What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Germany latest

Der Kaiser

Juniors
We have another team verbally agreeing to play League in the Summer-Augsburg (which is around 80km west of Munich)We have the following that will play in the Alpine Rugby League 9s Comp:

Germany
StuSta München/Munich
Augsburg
Bad Reichenbach

Austria
Linz
Innsbruck

The Format is each team will host a 9s Event in the Summer (June/July /August).The format for now is The teams will play each other once during that day with the finish only in a League table form-no final.The Top tem will collect 3 Points 2nd team 2 Points and the 3 rd team 1 Point.The team at the end of the year with the most points wins the Alpine Rugby League 9s Shield.

However we are still looking and talking to more Austrian and German teams so the number of teams may even increase and certainly StuSta may have enough for a Second team!That would mean we may have to change the process and have 2 groups of 3 or 4 and the top 2 teams from each group fighting for 3 and 2 Points and the Two runners up fighting for the right of the other point.The team at the end of the year with most points will win the Alpine 9s Trophy.A special match would be played for if two teams have the same number of points at a Neutral Ground.Hope people understand what I mean!

Germany and Austria will be playing a State Of Origin game in Bad Reichenhall (Which is on the German side of the Austrian Border near Salzburg)in likely mid June 2006.We also will have the Heidelberg 9s on the 8/9 July and we will look to have a Alpine Rep Squad play a full 13 against Heidelberg Sharks as well as have a German Development Side (Mainly Germans with the odd Australian/S Afican or New Zealander to help guide the German guys) this year in the Rotterdam 9s in Holland and HOPE to have an International 13 a side between Germany and Holland tho this still needs to be confirmed.

Its too expensive for us sadly to travel to Serbia, Lebanon, Estonia etc as many are students and as for now I am financing most of what we do.People buying the German shirt can help us in a small way as we get a percentage of shirt sales.I know Copa has one ordered atleast!Also getting time off to get to some of these places and getting people 100% commited is a nightmare as we need visas and who is going exactly.Hopefully in time we can get there.We are very happy with what we have achieved in less than 18 Months and with very little help except a small amount of Cash from RLEF which helped us get to Holland, play a Domestic game between StuSta München and Heidelberg Sharks and host the Scottish Students and the Munich 9s Event which both occurred in Munich.

I have also come to an agreement with Touch Rugby Deutschland that we can look to use each others contacts , share maybe costs if we can as well as both Sports can promote their sport at the others events.The StuSta Rugby League Club will also share its Christmas Party with Touch Munich.

Sadly contact rugby is not allowed to be taught in Bavarian schools but we can teach touch at the Bavarian international School in Lohhof and so i go with one of the Touch Rugby guys to teach the kids on a Wednesday Afternoon after work.I am allowed to give the Kids DVDs of the NRL and have asked the RLEF for Coaching aids and posters to promote Rugby League in the School.

Think thats it for now.Dont forget tho to buy a German Shirt via www.forty-twenty.co.uk

Evil Homer

Staff member
So that's sort of like a domestic league with 9s?Brilliant news!

Germany is really looking positive,great work Der Kaiser!You would have thought the RLEF would have given a grant for a few games in Serbia or whatever,but we all know they work in funny ways sometimes.Keep up the good work,and well done on starting something in Austria too!

Der Kaiser

Juniors
The RLEF dont have as much money as people think.Plus quite rightly the Euro Nations takes first place and I know Holland got some financial help to get them to Serbia and Georgia-Tho Tomo still forked alot out!The RLEF is doing a good job in hard circumstances and try their best what they do.I think they also helped the English Lionhearts play in Malta.They are helping dont get me wrong but still they could help us more.myself and Tomo will express our views at the next RLEF meeting and Kevin Rudd is aware of our problems.Hopefully there is money to help us more but fully understand when not!

rlinternational

Juniors
The state of Origin between Germany and Austria, would that just be an international match or????

So is Austria now also a rugby league playing nation??

Der Kaiser

Juniors
rlinternational said:
The state of Origin between Germany and Austria, would that just be an international match or????

So is Austria now also a rugby league playing nation??

There is little love lost between the two as often apart from WW2 they were often against each other!Austriand hate Germans because germany has nicked alot of their things like Ferdinand Porsche (Car Designer was Austrian)etc .Also Germans look down on Austrians.This could be a tasty regular event!!!.Austria will come under for now Germany but we hope in time somebody in Austria will take over so to speak their section.This will come with time its not ideal Germany looking after Austria as well but for now we will do it.we will have Austria v Germany game planned for each year.One year in Germany the next year in Austria and so on.

rlinternational

Juniors
Sounds good. Good to see a developing nationa like Germany to help get another nation to play the game.
I think Germany would be better at league than Austria.
Will the matches with Germany and Austria be a full 13 a side match or 9 a side?

Sun_Down

Juniors
So is there a series of Alpine Rugby League 9s or something?

I cant believe how much you have done Der Kaiser, I cant wait for the Germany V Austria game, could be the start of a great RL rivalry.

Great work!

Mr_Ugly

Juniors
Kaiser,

Tag footy might also be a goer in schools (eg OzTag), although since you have what sounds like a valuable partnership with touch this might not be practical.

BTW, congratulations and thanks for the terrific work you are doing over there!

Der Kaiser

Juniors
Yes a series of 9a side events around Bavaria and Austria which will end up having an overall winner.Why 9 a side?because then teams have more chance of building teams and also we will look to play 7minutes halves and no teams will get a real tonking and end up fed up.Also means guys can work on their fitness and then wehen we see improvments in teams and teams want to expand to 13 the teams have a background of playing the game.Also means we can work with 2 Refs and look to build the number of Qualifoied Refs up more.

Sun_Down said:
So is there a series of Alpine Rugby League 9s or something?

I cant believe how much you have done Der Kaiser, I cant wait for the Germany V Austria game, could be the start of a great RL rivalry.

Great work!

paulmac

Juniors
I am always full of admiration for anyone who does their bit to promote international rugby league,Der Kaiser it sounds like you are making great progress keep it up.I will try amd rustle up the funds to buy a jersey.
Also Germany did seem to claim one A.Hitler although Im sure most Austrians are glad about that.

I would love to see Soviet Russia play Germany in Volgagrad. It will be the second biggest defeat for Germany since 1943.

T-Dub

Juniors
Im in for a shirt and joined the lottery long since.

Its the least us RL internationalistas can do, that and try and enthuse others about this great work.

Any rough timescale for the start of your 9s league, Kaiser?

For the Aussie contributors on here, I cant stress how superb the Alpine scenery is round those parts.

Der Kaiser

Juniors
Matterhorn said:
Kaiserany chance of getting the swiss involved?

Uwe has a contact in Switzerland and he will invite the team up to play in the Heidelberg 9s.Whether they make it I dont know.Think he said they are from Zurich-but not too sure!

We aim to kick the League off in Mid june tho we are seeing if we can start sooner.Union has extended its season by a week so its buggered things up a little!No matter we will be going ahead with things tho!

http://www.rfcbadreichenhall.de

Latest posts